so tell me how i did?

bavasshokiebavasshokie Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
edited July 25, 2007 in Technique
Is this any good? My first time adding color!

174583678-M.jpg

Comments

• jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    I think the sky is way too saturated. It does, technically, look like you colored most of the sky. I'm just not a huge fan of most selective coloring because it often hits you like a blunt instrument - "HEY Look at me! I'm the focal point" - like explaining the punchline of a joke.

Don't get me wrong. I do like toning when it adds to the image. I like highly desaturated pictures. But I think it needs to add to the feeling/mode/message/whatever of the picture, almost sublimely.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • bavasshokiebavasshokie Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I think the sky is way too saturated. It does, technically, look like you colored most of the sky. I'm just not a huge fan of most selective coloring because it often hits you like a blunt instrument - "HEY Look at me! I'm the focal point" - like explaining the punchline of a joke.

Don't get me wrong. I do like toning when it adds to the image. I like highly desaturated pictures. But I think it needs to add to the feeling/mode/message/whatever of the picture, almost sublimely.

It was difficult to do with Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 10 since it does not have a channel mixer, I wanted to get Photoshop Elemnts 5 but it does not have the channel mixer either I need to see if there is a plugin for it. I agree that the sky looks saturated I am hoping channel mixer will fix that! I need one any advice?
  • bavasshokiebavasshokie Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    So I think I finally got it, I learned how to use the curves and found out the image needs to be from a RAW format. So please take a look and geive feedback!

176864135-M.jpg

176723136-M.jpg