what uploader to "pros" recommend?

HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited July 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I keep getting an error message when I try to send more than 12 files to "Send to Smugmug" in Explorer.

What uploader to the "pros" recommend?

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    I don't know about pros but I love SmugBrowser for Firefox. I haven't used anything else in a long time.
  • DennisDennis Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Send To Smugmug is a winner for me
    I'm very happy with Send To Smugmug ... Not a single problem with very large uploads... clap.gif

See: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26271&highlight=sendtosmugmug

Dennis

I keep getting an error message when I try to send more than 12 files to "Send to Smugmug" in Explorer.

• HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Dennis wrote:
    I'm very happy with Send To Smugmug ... Not a single problem with very large uploads... clap.gif

See: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26271&highlight=sendtosmugmug

Dennis

I love Send To Smugmug, too -- when it works. I keep getting an error when I try to send 10+ files. I checked their boards but it seems they're not operating anymore. Maybe I can find a way to get in touch with Omar. It's a great little program.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    I love Send To Smugmug, too -- when it works. I keep getting an error when I try to send 10+ files. I checked their boards but it seems they're not operating anymore. Maybe I can find a way to get in touch with Omar. It's a great little program.

Weird.. I use Send To Smugmug as well and never had a problem sending 100's or even 1000's at a time.

I wonder if you uninstalled and reinstalled it?

Good luck!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Maybe I can find a way to get in touch with Omar.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26271&highlight=SendToSmugmug
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    I just use the built-in java uploader. It works fine for me and gets the job done without hassle.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    when selecting images in bulk, i too will get an error when uploading using send to smugmug. my workaround for this is to select (right click) an entire directory and send to smugmug. this technique works better for me as i use pretty descriptive folder names and send to smugmug automatically uses the folder name for the album name. :ivar
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
    edited July 19, 2007
    dangin wrote:
    when selecting images in bulk, i too will get an error when uploading using send to smugmug. my workaround for this is to select (right click) an entire directory and send to smugmug. this technique works better for me as i use pretty descriptive folder names and send to smugmug automatically uses the folder name for the album name. :ivar

ahh.. that might explain why I've never gotten an error. I've always selected the folder.
  • HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    jww wrote:
    ahh.. that might explain why I've never gotten an error. I've always selected the folder.

YES!!!!!!! Looks like folder selection will work!

Thanks!clap.gif
    edited July 20, 2007
    YES!!!!!!! Looks like folder selection will work!

Thanks!clap.gif

Cool! Glad everything is ok. thumb.gif
  • janniklindquistjanniklindquist Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    Hmm. "Send to SmugMug" doesn't support JPE-files.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    Hmm. "Send to SmugMug" doesn't support JPE-files.
    Technically, I guess neither do we - .jpg please.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    I recommend and use StarExplorer

I recommend StarExplorer (http://www.starexplorer.com/). It costs a small amount of money, but it's the best thing I could find for doing large uploads. It even has a persistent queue for everything that you want uploaded and, even if the upload is interupted in the middle, you can resume it sometime later and make sure everything you wanted to upload gets there.

The author hangs out in the Star Explorer thread here at dgrin.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I recommend StarExplorer (http://www.starexplorer.com/). It costs a small amount of money, but it's the best thing I could find for doing large uploads. It even has a persistent queue for everything that you want uploaded and, even if the upload is interupted in the middle, you can resume it sometime later and make sure everything you wanted to upload gets there.

The author hangs out in the Star Explorer thread here at dgrin.

Gosh, I was wondering as I was reading if anyone would say this! thumb.gifthumb.gif Definitely Star*Explorer! Wouldn't go any other way.....