Maryland Horse Trials!

HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
edited July 23, 2007 in Sports
I get the lucky privilege of covering much of the "Aiken Series" in the Winter, a series of horse trials held in South Carolina and East Georgia, where a group called the "Snowbirds," basically anyone who's anyone in the 3-day eventing world, winters in the south so they don't have to deal with the cold of PA, etc. When they leave here in March, they go back up to the Mid-Atlantic and then on to Rolex. I get to see them in a much more laid-back situation. Now after Rolex is done, they're all home working on bringing up new horses for newer years. This month I make my one foray northbound and cover them up in Maryland.

See here Jan Byyny, a prominent, gutsy, and successful rider from Virginia, riding Dario. This horse did not compete at Rolex**** this year, but watch out in the future!:

070715LM-1166.jpg

070715LM-1490.jpg

070715LM-1492.jpg

070715LM-1493.jpg

070715LM-1842.jpg

Check out more big names in the "off"-season here:

http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/Highlands%20at%20Loch%20Moy%20Farm

Leslie Law, Jane Sleeper, Kim Severson, Gretchen Butts, India McEvoy (Hig-ranked Junior) and many more!

Enjoy, Mark
Mark
www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..

Comments

• MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    I get the lucky privilege of covering much of the "Aiken Series" in the Winter, a series of horse trials held in South Carolina and East Georgia, where a group called the "Snowbirds," basically anyone who's anyone in the 3-day eventing world, winters in the south so they don't have to deal with the cold of PA, etc. When they leave here in March, they go back up to the Mid-Atlantic and then on to Rolex. I get to see them in a much more laid-back situation. Now after Rolex is done, they're all home working on bringing up new horses for newer years. This month I make my one foray northbound and cover them up in Maryland.

See here Jan Byyny, a prominent, gutsy, and successful rider from Virginia, riding Dario. This horse did not compete at Rolex**** this year, but watch out in the future!:

070715LM-1166.jpg

070715LM-1490.jpg

070715LM-1492.jpg

070715LM-1493.jpg

070715LM-1842.jpg

Check out more big names in the "off"-season here:

http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/Highlands%20at%20Loch%20Moy%20Farm

Leslie Law, Jane Sleeper, Kim Severson, Gretchen Butts, India McEvoy (Hig-ranked Junior) and many more!

Enjoy, Mark

Wonderful captures! I live in ND and there is nothing here as far as the english equine sports. It's all western...which I LOVE and shoot faithfully, even built up myself a good photography business doing it....but I guess I'd LOVE the chance to shoot an event like this!
    GREAT JOB!
    Michelle
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Thanks, Michelle! I'm back from almost two weeks straight on this particular event... So for you here's my favorite shot of the whole show. Another "Rolex" rider from PA who is plain the gutsiest riderS I've ever seen. Sally Cousins. Does the capture tell the story?

070722LM-3588.jpg

There ARE riders in this sport in ND! Check out this site under Area IV," and you can see there are venues in Hugo MN, Ramsey MN.. To you left is Area IX, venues in Billings, Gillette WY, but of course, I don't see any in ND.. And it's a long way between points up there, eh?

Go here to see where all the venues are in case you can just go watch one, and shoot a few shots of course:
    http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?section=calendar
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..