Feature Photo for a Category?

BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 20, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a category (a soccer tournament) with multiple sub-categories (age/gender brackets) and multiple galleries (teams).

bighotshot.smugmug.com

Is there a way to feature a photo for the category itself? I'd like to use the tournament logo (which I put in a hidden gallery directly in the the category).

Thanks.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2007
    BigHotShot wrote:
    I have a category (a soccer tournament) with multiple sub-categories (age/gender brackets) and multiple galleries (teams).

bighotshot.smugmug.com

Is there a way to feature a photo for the category itself? I'd like to use the tournament logo (which I put in a hidden gallery directly in the the category).

Thanks.
    Hello wave.gif

The (sub) category uses whatever thumb is set for the first gallery inside it. If you have not set a featured photo, it will randomly take a photo from the first gallery. If you have set one, it will be the one that shows up on your (sub) category as well.

A private gallery does not show when you are logged out, nor does its thumbnail. It will need to be from a public gallery. The only exception is that you can feature a photo first, and then move the image to a private gallery without deleting it. The featured photo will remain.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • wrollinswrollins Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hello wave.gif

The (sub) category uses whatever thumb is set for the first gallery inside it. If you have not set a featured photo, it will randomly take a photo from the first gallery. If you have set one, it will be the one that shows up on your (sub) category as well.

A private gallery does not show when you are logged out, nor does its thumbnail. It will need to be from a public gallery. The only exception is that you can feature a photo first, and then move the image to a private gallery without deleting it. The featured photo will remain.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Ah yes... I still hold out hope that the (sub) category would use a random thumbnail from ANY of the galleries contained within and not just the first...

It's been a request of mine for a while now and Andy had hinted at something over a year ago but I guess it has fallen off the list... Oh well. I'll keep waiting patiently! Thanks guys!!