Advice Needed: Golf Shoot

moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
edited July 27, 2007 in Sports
Next Tuesday, our company is holding our annual Advertiser Golf Outing, and I agreed to shoot some of the event. There will be about 25-30 foursomes. They will be looking for group shots of each foursome, individual shots of the golfers and candids on the course. Talking to the woman coordinating it, she said she'd like me to shoot about 1/3 or 1/2 of the foursomes, to cut down on the time I need to hang around the first tee. In the past, each golfer has been given a plaque with a 4x6(?) of the foursome and of him/her teeing off. They also plan to use some of the candids in a slide show to be given to the clients.

I've shot lots of stuff, but never golf before, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Here's a list of my stuff:

Canon 30D
Canon 300D (in the bag, just in case!)
18-55mm
28-200mm
70-200mm 2.8 L (Non IS)
100-400mm L IS
Speedlite (420EX)

Thanks!

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Come on you lot...get off your arses. Someone here can help moose out surely.
  • cecilccecilc Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    A little late ....
    gus wrote:
    Come on you lot...get off your arses. Someone here can help moose out surely.

Well, if you look at the date of moose's post, "next Tuesday" from his post on July 20th would've been July 24th ....

So any advice or suggestions now would be kinda after the fact, don't you think ..... ?

However, I would like to see what he did for his golf outing ....
    Cecil
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Photos at SportsShooter
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    ....I missed this post. Sorry!

Still need the advice?
    edited July 27, 2007
    S. Horton wrote:
    ....I missed this post. Sorry!

Still need the advice?
    Tks for your offer S. I cant get to every post but i do take note of the time some put in to help others. Nothing worse than no-one replying when there are people that can.
    edited July 27, 2007
    cecilc wrote:
    Well, if you look at the date of moose's post, "next Tuesday" from his post on July 20th would've been July 24th ....

So any advice or suggestions now would be kinda after the fact, don't you think ..... ?

However, I would like to see what he did for his golf outing ....
    I made an effort...
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Thanks for trying, Gus. It turned out to be a very good day, weather-wise, although with a 12:30pm start time, the sun was rough early on. I had a lot of fun, and certainly learned a lot for the next time. In addition to the shots I took, we had two or three others shooting, most with P&S cameras. I will be putting together a slide show to send to the attendees.

Here are a few of mine that I've processed already.

176756684-L.jpg

176757893-L.jpg

176757465-L.jpg

176756506-L.jpg

176757689-L.jpg

176757204-L.jpg