Pricing Question

durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited July 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
How do I import pricing from a image-level pricing gallery?

How do I check to see what the current portfolio pricing is (without creating a brand new gallery and then logging out to check)?

When I am setting prices for a gallery, how do I import portfolio pricing?

It sure would be nice if the fields could be more easily populated with portfolio prices and prices from other image-level galleries.

- bob

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2007
    duren wrote:
    How do I import pricing from a image-level pricing gallery?

How do I check to see what the current portfolio pricing is (without creating a brand new gallery and then logging out to check)?

When I am setting prices for a gallery, how do I import portfolio pricing?

It sure would be nice if the fields could be more easily populated with portfolio prices and prices from other image-level galleries.

- bob

Hi Bob,

No sweat. Go to your "custom pro pricing" photo tool.

It'll come up with your gallery price list. But you'll have links at the top where you can switch to your portfolio price list or your image price list (for the image you were looking at when you selected the pro pricing tool).

Here's the key. When your customer orders a print, we check the box for that item on your portfolio pricing, then we check that box on your gallery pricing, then on your image pricing. We serve up whichever price we find last.

Example:

1) You have portfolio pricing set to $5 for an 8x10 glossy.
    2) Gallery A has no gallery or image pricing. All those boxes are blank.
    3) Gallery B has 8x10 glossies priced as "0" at the gallery level and no image pricing.
    4) Gallery C has 8x10 glossies priced as $10 at the gallery level, and a few images have image pricing of $15 for that size and finish.

Your customer will pay $5 for any 8x10 glossy from gallery A. Your customer won't be able to purchase any 8x10 glossies from gallery B. Your customer will pay $10 for 8x10 glossies of most images in gallery C, but some 8x10 glossies will cost $15, depending on the image they're ordering.

My recommendations:

1) Rely on portfolio pricing. Only enter gallery pricing in for galleries you want priced DIFFERENTLY than the rest of your SmugMug site. And, only enter image prices for images you want priced DIFFERENTLY from the rest of the images in that gallery. Leave those gallery and image boxes blank most of the time, because the portfolio prices will catch all the "holes". It means a lot less work for you. deal.gif

Of course, you'll want to make sure every portfolio box is filled in. Put a "0" for items you don't want available for purchase.

2) Check out our pro pricing help page, along with the informative (but a bit dull) help video: http://smugmug.com/help/print-pricing .

3) Holler if you have any questions.

-Anne
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    along with the informative (but a bit dull) help video: http://smugmug.com/help/print-pricing .

Says the writer, producer, director and lead actress! lol3.gif