Options

SE connect error

simonusbornesimonusborne Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
I'm new to SE

I get this message when connecting:

Error: Could not load SSL library. (EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary)

I downloaded some SSLs from a similar thread in this forum but no joy.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Hi Simon,

welcome to dgrin! :):
    You need to extract the two DLL-files from the ssl_dlls.zip into your SE directory. They are called libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.
    If you're not sure that you got the right files, please go to http://www.smugmugexplorer.com/ and check the download area there.
    If you don't use WinXP you may also need to install the GDI+ extension from Microsoft. You can find a link in the download area too.

Hope that helps. :):
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Thanks, Sebastian!
    Hi Simon,

You need to extract the two DLL-files from the ssl_dlls.zip into your SE directory. They are called libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.
    If you're not sure that you got the right files, please go to http://www.smugmugexplorer.com/ and check the download area there.
    If you don't use WinXP you may also need to install the GDI+ extension from Microsoft. You can find a link in the download area too.

What he siad:-)thumb.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    Thanks - worked a treat but...
    SE just spent nearly five hours uploading nine files. 11 MB. My always-on network connections seems inadequate. I'm trying the rest through smugmug direct to see if it's any faster.

Meanwhile, any tips for maximising a crappy internet connection?

Thanks,

Simon
    Hi Simon,

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    SE just spent nearly five hours uploading nine files. 11 MB. My always-on network connections seems inadequate. I'm trying the rest through smugmug direct to see if it's any faster.
    Glad it worked, but your connection seems reaaaalllly sllloww. Would be interesting how fast the rest with the standard upload tool was. Maybe your connection was temporarily slow and you should try it at different times and see if it's any faster especially late at night or early in the morning or at week days.

When you're from the USA and have to upload a whole lot, Nikolai offers a service to upload it for you when you send it to him on CD/DVD. See details on http://www.smugmugexplorer.com/ under services.

Also you should contact your internet service provider and ask him about your problem. Maybe they can offer you more upload bandwith.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    Sebastian...
    Glad it worked, but your connection seems reaaaalllly sllloww. Would be interesting how fast the rest with the standard upload tool was. Maybe your connection was temporarily slow and you should try it at different times and see if it's any faster especially late at night or early in the morning or at week days.

When you're from the USA and have to upload a whole lot, Nikolai offers a service to upload it for you when you send it to him on CD/DVD. See details on http://www.smugmugexplorer.com/ under services.

Also you should contact your internet service provider and ask him about your problem. Maybe they can offer you more upload bandwith.
    Man, you make me feel like I have a techsupport on 24x7 shift:-)thumb.gif

Simon, a small correction - you don't have to be in USA (or be an SE user, or even own a PC - macs fine, too:-) to use this "mass upload" service of mine. Sure, it may cost you a bit more to send a package across the ocean compared to what US mail charges for domestic shipments, but, hey, compared to 5 hrs for 11 megs - I'd think of it, seriously. I wouldn't do it every month (I mean, it's up to you, *I* have no problem doing it every day:-), but if you have few Gs to upload it might be worth your while...

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    thanks...
    ...guys. This forum seems like a friendly place to get advice.

I'm going to perservere uploading my photos. I have total 600MB to upload so it should be okay (has been in the past). But if worst does come to worst, I may have to get a CD burned and ship it from China (where I live). Thanks for the offer.

Simon
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    Simon
    ...guys. This forum seems like a friendly place to get advice.

I'm going to perservere uploading my photos. I have total 600MB to upload so it should be okay (has been in the past). But if worst does come to worst, I may have to get a CD burned and ship it from China (where I live). Thanks for the offer.

Simon
    You're very welcome!

In case you haven't been to forums at www.dpreview.com it's a nice place, too. Very helpful, very active.

Well, you gotta have some very exquisite photo ops around you. Not many dgrinners live in your area. I'll be thrilled to see your pitchas..thumb.gif

And, yes, dialup totally sucks when it comes to uploading images, especially 3-5-8 mp originals. Even cable/dsl suck if it comes to uploading of months/years worth of intensive shooting..

Good luck!

Cheers!1drink.gif