Printing/shipping issues???

landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited July 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Has anyone else noticed inconsistent printing times? I have some orders that will print and ship in less than 24 hours, and others that take a week or more. I never have any specialty items. All my order sizes are from wallet to 20x24 in size.

I have also had a problem with the packaging used for 8x10 prints. Ever since EZPrints switched from the heavy duty photo mailers to the flimsy envelopes that are no heavier than a file folder, I have had several damaged orders. Just because it says "Photos, do not bend" doesn't mean that the USPS has to obey it. I have had many discussions with my local branch, and they have told me so every time!

While SmugMug has reprinted the damaged orders everytime without balking (as they always do with everything because they truely do ROCK :super), it is becoming bothersome to explain this to my customers. I use other labs that wrap up the photos as if they were Fabergé eggs!!

I'm just wondering if I am just one of the lucky ones, or if this is a bigger problem. I LOVE SmugMug...just annoyed with EZPrints.

Laurie
Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    Hey Laurie, nice to hear from you again.

Ugh - you HAD to bring it up, eh? The sad truth is the USPS' inconsistency - which we have so very little influence on it, I wish I had a better answer for you :( If you order express, that's USPS priority mail, and they'll get there in a fast, consistent timeframe.

We ship tens of thousands weekly - and there are only a very few (single digits!) that are bent -- the truth is, nearly all are received just fine and dandy. I'm sorry it wasn't so for you, or your customer, lately.

We continually talk with the lab about shipping options and we'll surely let you know if we can come up with a better solution thumb.gif

Thanks again for posting Laurie :D
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hey Laurie, nice to hear from you again.

Ugh - you HAD to bring it up, eh? The sad truth is the USPS' inconsistency - which we have so very little influence on it, I wish I had a better answer for you :( If you order express, that's USPS priority mail, and they'll get there in a fast, consistent timeframe.

We ship tens of thousands weekly - and there are only a very few (single digits!) that are bent -- the truth is, nearly all are received just fine and dandy. I'm sorry it wasn't so for you, or your customer, lately.

We continually talk with the lab about shipping options and we'll surely let you know if we can come up with a better solution thumb.gif

Thanks again for posting Laurie :D

Thanks...I've been MIA lately, but I'm trying to get back into the world.

I always select the priority shipping and I ask my customers to never select the cheapest shipping...tho that is hard to control. The time delay that I'm talking about is from the day I place my order to the time that I get the "Your order has shipped" email.

I guess I'm one of the "fortunate" ones to have a lousy post office. I'm glad to hear that there aren't that many damaged orders company wide.

Thanks for the quick response...don't you guys EVER sleep?!? :snore
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com