Destroyed accented characters in location ThumbView window

habanrhabanr Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited July 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I live in Central Europe (Czech Republic) and we use accented characters charactes in our language (we use code page Windows 1250). If I use one of these characters e.g. "ščřžň" in picture's caption, the accented characters in caption are destroyed in location ThumbView window in the map windows (everything is OK in galeries etc.)

Comments

• habanrhabanr Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Czech accented characters e.g. "ářšě" are not accepted in custom category names
    I tried to create custom category name with czech accented characters ""ěščřžýáí" (code page 1250) but these characters are not considered as alphanumeric characters and error is reported...
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    habanr wrote:
    I tried to create custom category name with czech accented characters ""ěščřžýáí" (code page 1250) but these characters are not considered as alphanumeric characters and error is reported...

I find I just use the letters with out diacritics of course most everyone (speaking of english speaking westerners here) will pronounce them wrong especially words with that danged ch letter......

Good luck and link us to your galleries so we may peek at your work.:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Hello Habanr, welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

We do our best, but at this time, not all the diacritical characters and other 'exotic characters' are supported by us in all pages. I'm sorry, I wish I had a different answer for you.