Options

Salisbury Cathedral Fisheye+ HDR

fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited August 2, 2007 in Landscapes
175343040#175343040Here are a couple of fisheye + HDR images taken recently at Salisbury Cathedral:

174803682-L-1.jpg

175343040-L-2.jpg
Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Some nice shots there!

Can't see them in the post - you need to turn on external links in your gallery settings.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2007
    Phil U. wrote:
    Some nice shots there!

Can't see them in the post - you need to turn on external links in your gallery settings.

Yes I have changed the settings - hopefully you can see the images now.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for that...
    Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Yes I have changed the settings - hopefully you can see the images now.rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for that...

N/P...You got it.
  • Options
    jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    175343040#175343040Here are a couple of fisheye + HDR images taken recently at Salisbury Cathedral:

Hmm, I can't see the first shot? ne_nau.gif However, the others are great! thumb.gif What a beautiful place. I wish I had a fisheye when we visited Italy.

James
  • Options
    MYSTICAMYSTICA Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    good stuff!
    I like this version of HDR, cause it is not to much strong as normally I can see
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Beautiful !!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2007
    Here is another one I have just finished processing:

176576642-L.jpg

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    pjb923pjb923 Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    I'm normally not a huge fan of fisheye shots, but the distortion in the columns gives them a really organic feel and they flow nicely into the curves on the ceiling. Nice job!
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Whee! Trippy!

I love the fun things you can do with a fisheye lens and the geometric patterns of the architecture lends itself perfectly to this.

Great shots :)
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 25, 2007
    These are stunning! thumb.gif
    Admittedly, I'm a fan of both fisheye and HDR photos, but I know they can be overdone. Yours are not. I can't stop looking at them. Great work!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2007
    During May this year Worth1000 ran a HDR competition and before this I had never produced an HDR image at all - it was all new to me. So I did my research, learnt all I could about producing HDR images, looked online at all the HDR images available and after feeling that 90% of HDRs are overdone decided to come up with a look that was far more natural, as though the viewer were looking at the scene with their own eyes.

I entered this image into the Worth1000 competition and it managed to take the silver (http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?entry=381419&display=photography):

153970445-L-4.jpg

Since then I have been learning and refining my HDR technique and concentrating upon Salisbury Cathedral as my main subject.

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2007
    This weekend we visited Salisbury Cathedral for the last time, because the project based upon this magnificent cathedral is now coming to a close. This is the fisheye + HDR image we produced after that final visit. Sibirica Minor II is the water sculpture, which can be seen in the foreground of this fisheye image, was created by William Pye. Designed in 2003, it spent 6 months at Tate Britain in London as part of the 'Art in the Garden' exhibition and now resides in Salisbury Cathedral:

177851271-L-1.jpg

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    The SwedeThe Swede Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2007
    Great images

May I ask what your HDR technique is? (bracketing, program, settings)

thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2, 2007
    The Swede wrote:
    Great images

May I ask what your HDR technique is? (bracketing, program, settings)

thanks!
    I have put together a step by step thing for one of my HDR images - http://f2.smugmug.com/gallery/3181547 which provides a rough guide, hopefully helping others develop their own HDR images:

175093248-L.jpg

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    The SwedeThe Swede Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2007
    I have put together a step by step thing for one of my HDR images - http://f2.smugmug.com/gallery/3181547 which provides a rough guide, hopefully helping others develop their own HDR images:

Excellent, I'll give it a try tonight!