Sculptor's eye

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited February 20, 2005 in People
Just getting back to Photography, and am looking for help, support and of course input. Just a recent shot to wet your whistle:

15623632-L.jpg

What do you think?
Pick it apart, I'm a big boy and can hang :wxwax:D

[edit: can ya handle an edit, big boy? swapped your M-sized link for an embedded L-sized image. It's easier for most people to see and comment on your image when you direct-link them. - fish]

Comments

• fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    I like the shot, mostly because I think the sculptor looks like an interesting person to talk to. Technically, it's a nice shot. If I had my druthers, I'd like to see a little more of what he's working on, otherwise without your title, I wouldn't have known he was a sculptor. Got a version with a little less crop?

Welcome to dgrin!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Just getting back to Photography, and am looking for help, support and of course input. Just a recent shot to wet your whistle:

15623632-L.jpg

What do you think?
    Pick it apart, I'm a big boy and can hang umph.gifD

[edit: can ya handle an edit, big boy? swapped your M-sized link for an embedded L-sized image. It's easier for most people to see and comment on your image when you direct-link them. - fish]

Oh that wasn't an edit it was an upgrade :D Thanks
    edited February 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    I like the shot, mostly because I think the sculptor looks like an interesting person to talk to. Technically, it's a nice shot. If I had my druthers, I'd like to see a little more of what he's working on, otherwise without your title, I wouldn't have known he was a sculptor. Got a version with a little less crop?

Welcome to dgrin!

That's just what my wife said. But, that's the only one with his eye on his sample as he works, which is what appealed to me. There are a couple of others on my site in the requested gallery.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    love the expression, this is great :D

wave.gif welcome to dgrin!
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Agree with Andy here...
    The man's expression is awesome! Very well captured indeed!
    Of course, the fact he's really sharp doesn't hurt at all! ;-)

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 20, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Oh that wasn't an edit it was an upgrade :D Thanks
    I love that you've captured him in this pose with only his right eye showing. It would be easy to imagine him piloting an old beat up boat.

What is the OOF object front center?
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    clap.gif
    bfjr wrote:

What do you think?
    Pick it apart, I'm a big boy and can hang umph.gifD

I really like this shot.. love the colors, the expression. I would not really have known what he was doing I guess... look forward to seeing more of your work.. welcomewave.gif
    15623632-S.jpg
    edited February 20, 2005
    It's his sample of the lager piece he is working on.
    Angelo wrote:
    I love that you've captured him in this pose with only his right eye showing. It would be easy to imagine him piloting an old beat up boat.

What is the OOF object front center?
    I know should have done better with DOF, but the look was so fleeting.