Is there an easier way to do this?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited July 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
This is very frustrating. I'd KILL for "favorites" for my clients....

Anyway, I have a client (wedding, mother in law) that I'm doing a book for. She wants to see all the photos she made comments on (for adding to the book) at once. She can add them to a cart and do it, but it doesn't allow her to see comments. And it's a pain.

So I'm adding a keyword to all of the 60 photos that she commented on so that she can do a keyword search. Only problem - there are 400 photos from the wedding in 5 different galleries and I have to:
  • go into my control panel to see which ones she commented on
  • go back to the gallery
  • add the keyword (which sometimes sticks, sometimes doesn't)
  • then go back to the control panel (doing a "back)
  • go to the next photo.
I started the other day and can't remember which one I ended with, though, because i've gotten more comments - so I have to guess and poke around.

Anyway, this is a HORRIBLY kludgy way of doing it. There HAS to be an easier way to do this! I'm losing SO much money doing this.

Or can you PLEASE add some way for my clients to create a favorites? If not, I think I'll have to take my weddings to another site that allows that - seriously. This is just too much work and it shouldn't be. (I"ll still do portrait shoots on SM, but it's NOT designed for weddings at ALL!)

Thanks!

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    If you are using Firefox or IE7.0 then the following might work:
    1) Go to the control panel
    2) Open each photo in a new tab (middle-click the URL with the "wheel" button on your mouse)
    3) Add the keyword to each photo
    4) Once the keyword "sticks", click Control-W to close the current tab, and move to the next photo.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    PBolchover wrote:
    If you are using Firefox or IE7.0 then the following might work:
    1) Go to the control panel
    2) Open each photo in a new tab (middle-click the URL with the "wheel" button on your mouse)
    3) Add the keyword to each photo
    4) Once the keyword "sticks", click Control-W to close the current tab, and move to the next photo.

I'm actually essentially doing something simlar - have the gallery in one window, the comments in the other and I'm alt-tabbing back and forth.

But really, this still isn't a very good solution. I'm spending an hour or more on something that I shouldn't even have to do! Heck, even some of the free sites to "favorites"!

Sorry, i'm crabby today. This is just something that I think should be part of SM right now.

Thanks for your reply! I'll try doing it that way, too....
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    I'm actually essentially doing something simlar - have the gallery in one window, the comments in the other and I'm alt-tabbing back and forth.

But really, this still isn't a very good solution. I'm spending an hour or more on something that I shouldn't even have to do! Heck, even some of the free sites to "favorites"!

Sorry, i'm crabby today. This is just something that I think should be part of SM right now.

Thanks for your reply! I'll try doing it that way, too....

A Variation on a theme, I think ???? (same, different???), but perhaps a tiny bit faster...

In the Comments control panel, Shift-CLick on the thumbnail for a photo to which you'd like to add a keyword (copy the keyword to your clipboard so you can CNTRL-V to paste it in quickly).

This opens a new window, alright, but on top of the current window instead of beside it. Hit edit, CNTRL-V to paste the keyword, Save, then close the window.

Then move to next photo thumbnail with a comment....step and repeat.