batch setting change possible?

blondeblonde Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited July 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
hey guys,

i need some help with something and i know that this is the right place to ask this. is it possible for me to change the settings in all my galleries with one action? i started using smugmug about a year ago and did not really think that photography will become such a big deal for me. now i notice that all my galleries are setup to allow viewing of orginal files as well as ordering prints. i could go into each gallery and change that but i was wondering if there is any way to do it all at once with out me having to do it manually. i think that i have very little chance of selling an image if you can just go and take it from my website :)

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    Yeah, just click the "Bulk Settings" button in the customize gallery page. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    blonde wrote:
    hey guys,

i need some help with something and i know that this is the right place to ask this. is it possible for me to change the settings in all my galleries with one action? i started using smugmug about a year ago and did not really think that photography will become such a big deal for me. now i notice that all my galleries are setup to allow viewing of orginal files as well as ordering prints. i could go into each gallery and change that but i was wondering if there is any way to do it all at once with out me having to do it manually. i think that i have very little chance of selling an image if you can just go and take it from my website :)

any help would be greatly appreciated..

You can make a quicksetting in gallery customization: http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage

And the really cool way though, is to use SmugBrowser, the excellent Firefox plugin: http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
  • blondeblonde Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    ok, i tried the first way with bulk settings and it reset everything to smugmug default which is worst then where i was before. i then tried to install the firefox plugin and for some reason, all i get is a blank screen.
    edited July 24, 2007
    great,i just realized that it reset all my private gallaries so i lost all the passwords. looks like i have to spend the entire night redoing everything.
    edited July 24, 2007
    never mind, fixed everything and everything is good with the world again :) thanks for the help guys!!!