"Transparent" watermark is a white box?

pthorpepthorpe Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited July 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
OK ... so you get this every week/day from the new-B's.
I followed the directions for making a transparent PNG watermark.
I convert it after the upload and it shows up not transparent but as a white box with gray printing. What am I doing wrong?

I tried one other set of instructions on the forum ... do I have something defaulted wrong? Please send a tip or link or flame me for being new . . . sure seems like I am doing the steps right though.

Thanks!
Thoughts become things ... pick the good ones!

www.digitallifephotography.com

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    pthorpe wrote:
    OK ... so you get this every week/day from the new-B's.
    I followed the directions for making a transparent PNG watermark.
    I convert it after the upload and it shows up not transparent but as a white box with gray printing. What am I doing wrong?

I tried one other set of instructions on the forum ... do I have something defaulted wrong? Please send a tip or link or flame me for being new . . . sure seems like I am doing the steps right though.

Thanks!
    Hi pthorpe, welcome to dgrin wave.gif

You are not doing anything wrong at all. PNG's can indeed show up as a white box on your SmugMug pages. The fact that we convert it to jpgs and that some browsers don't like png's has to do with that.

Not to worry though! We have to original that you uploaded and when you create a watermark out of your image, our system will create a watermark like you intended the file to look, without the white/grey boxes that may be visible otherwise.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.
  • pthorpepthorpe Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi pthorpe, welcome to dgrin wave.gif

You are not doing anything wrong at all. PNG's can indeed show up as a white box on your SmugMug pages. The fact that we convert it to jpgs and that some browsers don't like png's has to do with that.

Not to worry though! We have to original that you uploaded and when you create a watermark out of your image, our system will create a watermark like you intended the file to look, without the white/grey boxes that may be visible otherwise.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the nice welcome and reponce ... I got it working! Thanks again.
    Thoughts become things ... pick the good ones!

www.digitallifephotography.com