Burning images to a disc question

firelook2firelook2 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited July 24, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi folks

I need to burn a disc with the images my stock agency has selected, but I now have a new computer - a Macbook Pro which has Aperture and Photoshop CS on it. I made the disc in Aperture with most of the photos in TIFF format. My stock agency still uses Windows based PC's and CS3- will they be able to read the disc or will I have to burn it again in another program? I tried to open it on my old Dell with Adobe Elements, but it said it couldn't read it. It worked fine on the Mac, though.

Any thoughts, suggestions?? :dunno

Thanks!
..marcy
Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8

Comments

• pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    firelook2 wrote:
    Hi folks

I need to burn a disc with the images my stock agency has selected, but I now have a new computer - a Macbook Pro which has Aperture and Photoshop CS on it. I made the disc in Aperture with most of the photos in TIFF format. My stock agency still uses Windows based PC's and CS3- will they be able to read the disc or will I have to burn it again in another program?
    If it's just a disc with a bunch of TIFFs on it, then yes, they will be able to read
    it. This is assuming that you've burned it correctly (which you seem to have,
    since you can read from it on your machine). It would still be best to try it out
    on a PC or two in order to make sure.

firelook2 wrote:
    I tried to open it on my old Dell with Adobe Elements, but it said it couldn't read it.
    This happens (you can substitute "this" with another word made from the
    same four letters to make the statement even more apt). Maybe you didn't
    finalize the disc? This can lead to read errors on some machines. Just try it
    on a couple of other PCs to make sure it's readable.
  • firelook2firelook2 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply - appreciate it. Maybe the programs on the DELL won't read TIFF format - ony jpeg? On the Dell computer it kept trying to read the TIFF files with Microsoft Office Document Imaging!

Well, I just may have to go use another PC somewhere and see if it works on that. I know the disc works on the Macbook Pro fine.

Thanks for the help

Marcy
    Firelook2

gear: NIkon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 35-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-300 f4-5.6; Sigma 15-30D f3.5-4.5; Micro-Nikkor 105mm f.2.8; 50mm macro f2.8
  • pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    firelook2 wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply - appreciate it. Maybe the programs on the DELL won't read TIFF format - ony jpeg? On the Dell computer it kept trying to read the TIFF files with Microsoft Office Document Imaging!

Try right-clicking on a TIFF file and selecting Open with...->Paint.