Town House - Salisbury HDR

fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited July 26, 2007 in Landscapes
Town house located in Salisbury - HDR:

171529132-L-1.jpg
Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 25, 2007
    Love it! That is some very red brick! Great perspective on a beautiful old building.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
  • fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    I was a bit annoyed about the modern things on this building etc so I removed the two arials on the roof and the hump in the road, along with the annoying yellow marks on the pavement.

Little things but they help to put this building back into a past era... mwink.gif
    Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Nice conversion, but personally I would say its a little oversaturated?
    Town house located in Salisbury - HDR:

171529132-L-1.jpg
  • fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2007
    toadlet wrote:
    Nice conversion, but personally I would say its a little oversaturated?

These days digital photographers do seem to be obsessed with saturation. Back in the film days Fuji Velvia would over saturate also, that was the fashion.

But specifically with regard to this image I initially thought that this image looked oversaturated but my wife, who is my colour expert, looked at this image, came with me when I next visited this scene and confirmed that the red bricks really do look that red.

f2.smugmug.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2007
    HDR can give you some interesting effects and stunning colors. Really nice shot.