Someone Wants to buy 2 of my photos

SouwalkerSouwalker Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited July 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi
I have a standard smugmug account. I take photos purely as a hobby with no intentions to sell.

Recently I was on a 2 day vineyard trip and took quite a few shots. Someone who's seen my smugmug gallery wants to buy 2 of my photos. What are my options? Would I be able to sell photos on my standard smugmug account?

Any advise and direction would be most appreciated.

Rgds
Patrick

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 25, 2007
    G'day Patrick,

SmugMug only allows you to sell photos at the SmugMug cost price on standard and power account, hence you won't be making any money.

You have two options, as I see it, purchase to prints through SmugMug yourself and provide them to your client at your marked up price (including shipping) or get them printed locally and provide them to your client at the marked up price.

Or thirdly, upgrade to a pro account, and sell them directly to your client.

All in all, it would depend on what print sizes your client wants and how much he sees as being a reasonable price.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Souwalker wrote:
    Any advise and direction would be most appreciated.

Rgds
    Patrick

just watch out for scammers... for example: don't accept a cashier's check that is for more than the purchase price, and they ask you to send them the difference...

hopefully it is legit :D