Crazy light and a rainbow

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited July 26, 2007 in Landscapes
After a heat wave here in Slovenia that lasted a couple of weeks, relief came yesterday, finally. Dark clouds, a storm in the afternoon, and by the time I looked out the window the light was freaky! I only wish I'd seen it sooner and gone out to take photos with a nicer foreground. Well, next time, I guess.
This is what I got from my apartment window:

R1-rainbow-06.jpg

R3-rainbow-03.jpg

R7-rainbow-13.jpg

/still banging my head against the wall in frustration ... :bash

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Wow Ana, very nice! That is one clear and bright rainbow! I do really like that first image, with the houses as foreground thumb.gif
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    good find! but where's the pot of gold!? mwink.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    HOLY SLOVENIA BAT GIRL.....that is a double rainbow....Ana a truly FANTASTIC set of photos.....bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    This is the view that you're frustrated about catching?! eek7.gif It's beautiful.

I love the houses in the foreground. They look almost like toys, especially with the rainbow being so incredibly perfect. I've never seen one that sharp. You're a very lucky person!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited July 25, 2007
    I absolutely love the first image. Fantastic!

--- Denise
  • brodickbrodick Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 25, 2007
    Some great photos here. My daughter will be glad to hear the heat wave is ending as she is off to Slovenia next week. Hope there is not too much rain instead!
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    I love #1!

Looks ever so slightly desaturated on my monitor @ work.......

EDIT: At home, positively perfect!
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    The first one is stunning! The second one, I found the pot of gold under the tree! Time to get a Mark III! wings.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Stunning pictures, Ana. Did you have to do much post processing to get that strong contrast in the rainbows or were they really that bright?
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 25, 2007
    Oh wow, thanks everyone!

I guess the rainbow was nice, but I'm still bummed about not being somewhere with a more romantic setting. :D

The photos are not post processed much, just a bit of levels. The colors were really that intense. clap.gif

Ana
    Ana
  • MikkoMikko Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Ana, it looks like you found the end of the rainbow in #2. These are all great photos. In all of my time out photographing I have never seen a rainbow. Once again these are all great.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    [SIZE=-1]Aller Geräte von Gold[/SIZE]
    Growing with Dgrin

• theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2007
    I too think the houses make a really nice foreground! It just goes to show how much people being accustomed to their surroundings alters their perspective so much. Excellent set! thumb.gif
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 26, 2007
    Mr. Roy G. Biv is sitting next to me and he says that those are some of the best rainbow pictures he's ever seen. And I agree with him. Good catch, Ana.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2007
    Thanks again, everybody, for your comments!
    Hopefully there are more storms followed by such an amazing display of nature soon!

Ana
    Ana
    edited July 26, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Mr. Roy G. Biv
    You may need to explain that to most non-native English speakers lol3.gif
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 26, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    You may need to explain that to most non-native English speakers lol3.gif

Yes, good point. 11doh.gif

ROY G. BIV, an acronym, is a mnemonic memory device to remind those of the main colors (in order) in white light — Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited July 26, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Yes, good point. 11doh.gif

ROY G. BIV, an acronym, is a mnemonic memory device to remind those of the main colors (in order) in white light — Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
    I could just see all those folk go "Mr Roy G Biv.... is he some famous rainbow photographer?" lol3.gif