Options

Montana Summer: Beaver Ponds, Bald Eagles and the Like...

Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited July 25, 2007 in Landscapes
Took a nice short trip up to Montana this past weekend. While I had a fishing rod in my hand most of the time, I did manage to put it down here and them to make some decent images. All of these were taken near Hebgen Lake, Montana.

Beaver Creek Beaver Ponds at First Light
177042847-L.jpg

177042862-L.jpg

Bald Eagle on Quake Lake
177042995-L.jpg

Ducks in Early Morning Mist, Beaver Creek Beaver Pond
177043011-L.jpg
It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    First light photo looks pretty serene. I might be seeing some magenta or WB problems, but I don't really know for sure, because I am still learning. BUT! Lets see the fish you caught! (gulp. or not) lol.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    MikkoMikko Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Nice photos once again adam. You got your self some nice reflections as well.

MIK
  • Options
    Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    First light photo looks pretty serene. I might be seeing some magenta or WB problems, but I don't really know for sure, because I am still learning. BUT! Lets see the fish you caught! (gulp. or not) lol.

Thanks you guys for the comments. Leaforte--the magenta that you're seeing is the reflection of the mountainside above the pond illuminated by early sunilght. Thus--the magenta cast. Good catch just the same...
    It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com
  • Options
    jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Grizzle6 wrote:
    Took a nice short trip up to Montana this past weekend. While I had a fishing rod in my hand most of the time, I did manage to put it down here and them to make some decent images. All of these were taken near Hebgen Lake, Montana.

Sweetness! clap.gif I love them. Brings back memories for me. I went to college in Bozeman, and we took a field trip out to Hebgen Lake as part of a Geology class. For those that don't know the history of the lake, check out http://www.billingsgazette.com/magazine/990815_mag01.html. A lot of people died when the moutain side fell on a campground.

Thanks for posting these.

James