Options

El Paso Missions

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited July 29, 2007 in Landscapes
Spent a few days in El Paso Texas for work and was able to get away for some time to shoot some photos.

Mission Soccoro

176946378-L.jpg

176946766-L.jpg

Mission San Elizario

176947059-L.jpg

176948220-L.jpg

I belief this was St. Patricks Church

176962245-L.jpg

176962374-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!

C&C always welcome
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Aaron,

I think the verticles in all your shots should be either more skewed or straight. The lighting in the night shots is very nice and some of your compositions are well organized especially #1, I like the two doors being scaled with perspective, just wish the walls were straightthumb.gif

If you don't have a tilt/shift lens you might want to look into the perspective control methods in CS2 or 3deal.gif
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Aaron,

I think the verticles in all your shots should be either more skewed or straight. The lighting in the night shots is very nice and some of your compositions are well organized especially #1, I like the two doors being scaled with perspective, just wish the walls were straightthumb.gif

If you don't have a tilt/shift lens you might want to look into the perspective control methods in CS2 or 3deal.gif

Thanks Marc-

These walls were indeed a frustation- I have neither a tilt shift or CS (or even PS for that matter) but I believe the later (CS3) will be purchased this weekend. Time to step it up another notch.

Is it #1 you like or #2- as far as the 2 doors??
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Spent a few days in El Paso Texas for work and was able to get away for some time to shoot some photos.

Mission Soccoro
    C&C always welcome

Cool stuff! I haven't yet been to El Paso, even though I've been living in Dallas for 10 years. rolleyes1.gif Seems almost like the other side of the country to me. These are nice shots. I especially like the second one. Thanks for sharing!

James
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Thanks Marc-

These walls were indeed a frustation- I have neither a tilt shift or CS (or even PS for that matter) but I believe the later (CS3) will be purchased this weekend. Time to step it up another notch.

Is it #1 you like or #2- as far as the 2 doors??
    You are right #2 is the one I was referring to. However, what would be a better composition all around is to include the scale of #2 with the mood and sky of #1:ivar

For just crackin the box to CS3 here are some great books easy to digest and full of instant gratificationthumb.gif