Options

Went fishing and only caught this

Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in Landscapes
This evening my 7-year old son and I went fishing with a friend and his two kids. Just one of those heavenly Northwest summer evenings. My son and I didn't catch any fish, but I did snare this:

177734855-L.jpg

Pentax *DS, M 135mm, f11, 1/250, ISO 400

Comments

• Options
    m_granitem_granite Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    That's a wonderful landscape from the seas !

I'm glad I checked this out .
    Alex Q.
  • Options
    HauerHauer Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Wow! I've been looking for that sort of scenery over here but I've yet to find it. Holland is generally as flat as a pancake!

Very nice.

Cheers - Herman
    My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

Nikon gear & some lenses.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    This evening my 7-year old son and I went fishing with a friend and his two kids. Just one of those heavenly Northwest summer evenings. My son and I didn't catch any fish, but I did snare this:

Pentax *DS, M 135mm, f11, 1/250, ISO 400

Wow now that's what I call fishin ! thumb.gif
    Great Scene Miguel ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    I'd consider that a catch.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    I did snare this
    Who needs fish, anyway? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2007
    Thanks
    Thank you m granite, Herman Auer, Skippy, cunarder534, and W.W. Webster for your kind words.
    For folks who may be unfamiliar, the mountain is Mt. Rainier (14,440 ft), or Tahoma as our native Americans called it. In the foreground is the north end of the city of Tacoma from Puget Sound.
    The view and picture shooting helped offset the frustration (and awe) of watching several 10-20 lb king salmon jumping out of the water 20 yards in front of us. The salmon were driving the small feeder fish to the water's surface and then chomping on them. I guess the little fish were more convincing than our bait.
    M
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    thumb.gif this is very beautiful scene !
    how do you get moon that big headscratch.gif or it is that big ive never noticed ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    Superb
    Excellent photo in color, composition, clarity, and beauty. Bravo. I went to grad school in eastern WA, married a girl from Everett, and ate in the Space Needle about 5 times. Never, ever, even saw Ranier because of the rain, fog, and clouds that seemed to cover Seattle most of the year. Thanks for letting me see it. :D
    Gil
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2007
    Telephoto lenses do that
    :this is very beautiful scene !
    how do you get moon that big headscratch.gif or it is that big ive never noticed ?
    Thanks Awais for the compliment.
    I always correlated my perception of the moon's size with my state of consciousness :D

Longer telephoto lenses flatten out objects in an image and seem to level out the sizes of distant objects. In this shot I used a 25+yr old 135mm, which combined with my 1.5x sensor, provided an effective 200mm effect.
  • Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    very nice clap.gif