LPS10 Feedback Needed

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited July 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey y'all! Here is my idea for LPS10. Any thoughts or should I head back to the drawing board? :wink TIA

177804440-L.jpg

Comments

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Hey there, Travis!

Love the pano and the lighting but have no idea what my focus should be. There is no clear direction for my eye.

Good luck and keep shooting!

Jesse
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Wow!

As to following the theme, that's anyone's guess, where's the surf? But the photo is great. I personally would want something in the photo to be much brighter, just below the point of being blown out, but that's only me... One thing bothering me is that the moon's full side seems to be pointing up to about 1:30 on a clock scale, when if the sun has set to the right, it would seem that it'd be pointing more to about 4. If you put that moon in there, you need to flip it 90 degrees.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Jesse, Mark
    I appreciate the feedback.

This photo is kind of an experiment (aren't they all???) It was practically dark when I shot it and I wanted to capture the fleet sleeping at night but lighten it enough to see detail. The moon was not added after the fact - it was a little southeast and the sun had set in the northwest.

As for a point of focus.... hmmmmmm... I need to work on that one....

Thanks!
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    Hey there, Travis!

Love the pano and the lighting but have no idea what my focus should be. There is no clear direction for my eye.

Good luck and keep shooting!

Jesse

Overall I love the shot but have to agree.
  • drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Hi, Travis!

I'd like to see a closer up shot, without the railing blocking the boats, like maybe shooting from the boardwalk, directly at the bow(s) of one or two boats, with that super wide of yours (I thought the moon was pasted, too).

I also agree with HoofClix that some brighter color would help a lot.

Good luck!
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    Hi, Travis!

I'd like to see a closer up shot, without the railing blocking the boats, like maybe shooting from the boardwalk, directly at the bow(s) of one or two boats, with that super wide of yours (I thought the moon was pasted, too).

I also agree with HoofClix that some brighter color would help a lot.

Good luck!
    Dane
    15524779-Ti.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Hi Travis,

As far as the theme, I'm leaning towards it not being strong enough, probably due to all of the detail in it. I find it very interesting and beautiful. I can picture that in a travel brochure.

I took a photo of a bunch of mossy rocks in a small mountain stream. I was ready to scrap the photo because I saw no focal point, but everyone that looked at it said that it drew them in, and I was forced to keep it. I think the interesting dock that curves into the b/g on the left and right draws my eyes in - I liked looking at it.

(my brother's name is Travis and I think I've only heard it one other time around here - it's not very common - I like it)
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited July 29, 2007
    Thanks everyone!
    I'm working on couple of new ideas now; however, your critique of this attempt has given me a pretty good idea of the approach I need to take. Now if the weather will cooperate, I can put it use. rolleyes1.gifThanks!
    edited July 29, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    (my brother's name is Travis and I think I've only heard it one other time around here - it's not very common - I like it)

Your brother must be very cool, intelligent, creative, and dashing - it is an exclusive club. :D Then again, my dad fought to name me Luther - I don't know what that says....
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    Your brother must be very cool, intelligent, creative, and dashing - it is an exclusive club. :D Then again, my dad fought to name me Luther - I don't know what that says....

That's exactly what my brother tells me - it MUST be true!!!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341