Too literal? Simplistic? No Story?!?...

PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
edited July 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taking the easy way out?

Perhaps some feet with the grass sticking up through the toes?

Grass
177868082-L.jpg

Comments

• drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Taking the easy way out?

Perhaps some feet with the grass sticking up through the toes?

Grass

I remember your winning shot a couple rounds ago, Thomas, and this isn't in the same ballpark, IMO. Your followup idea has potential, maybe with red toe nails :D ! There's more, but I think you can take it from there.

Good luck!
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    I remember your winning shot a couple rounds ago, Thomas, and this isn't in the same ballpark, IMO. Your followup idea has potential, maybe with red toe nails :D ! There's more, but I think you can take it from there.

Good luck!
    Dane

Thanks Dane,

I'd thought of the red toe nails too! I've got several other ideas for this round...not sure I'll develop this one any further.
  • MadridMadrid Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Hi Paul,

I like close ups a lot, but I think it would be a more sense of close up if you would have something in the distance above, blurred or not. As right now, it looks more like for Nature patterns and the eye doesn't really know where to go.

BTW, I am a fan of your photos.

Marisa
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    drdane wrote:

Good luck!
    Dane

I just looked at your gallery. Wow, fantastic!
    I definitely agree with Dane.
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Too simple? Good question...
    Paul,

I think that's quite a nice a shot of grass and a good choice of crop. Your question of whether it's too simple is a similar dilemma I have been wrestling with as well. Surf or Turf both seem like pretty simple subjects. I think a big challenge of this round will be staying on theme without being too simple. Your idea about grass sticking up through someone's toes is the best idea I've seen anyone mention thus far this round, IMHO.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Hey Paul! Take a look at the "Trying to tell a story" thread and then take a look at your shot.....mwink.gifeek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Or--to spice it up a bit--why not two pairs of feet engaged in some serious frolicking?

Jesse
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Nice shot, if your a salesman for fertilizer?? (just kidding)

IMO, just a little too plain, needs some kick...(no offense)
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    OH! you beat me to it! I just logged on to post two pics of turf (grass) - and I was going to say which one do you like best?! hehe but since yours looks better than mine - i'm not sharing mine.....rolleyes1.gif

Paint your toes and reshoot!!!! mwink.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341