problem w/ watermarking (bug?)

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited August 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a PRO gallery of wedding photos (1100+ photos).
Recently (today), someone ordered photos from that gallery.
I wanted to replace 2 photos before processing the order.
The replaced photos were watermarked, while the gallery is set to "NO watermarking" of photos. Why is this? A bug? :dunno

Is there a way to remove the watermarks from those 2 photos? If not, maybe this should be a feature to add.

I am trying to wait for the watermarking page to load all those 1100+ thumbnails right now, it has been over 10 minutes.

Thanks.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    jchin wrote:
    I have a PRO gallery of wedding photos (1100+ photos).
    Recently (today), someone ordered photos from that gallery.
    I wanted to replace 2 photos before processing the order.
    The replaced photos were watermarked, while the gallery is set to "NO watermarking" of photos. Why is this? A bug? ne_nau.gif

Is there a way to remove the watermarks from those 2 photos? If not, maybe this should be a feature to add.

I am trying to wait for the watermarking page to load all those 1100+ thumbnails right now, it has been over 10 minutes.

Thanks.
    Send the gallery link to our help desk, we'll get it sorted out for you thumb.gif
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Send the gallery link to our help desk, we'll get it sorted out for you thumb.gif
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Andy ... I waited and waited ... finally everything loaded and I fixed that one image ... then all over again and fixed the 2nd image. I couldn't wait for someone to help me. Thanks.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • ScalaScala Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    jchin wrote:
    The replaced photos were watermarked, while the gallery is set to "NO watermarking" of photos. Why is this? A bug? ne_nau.gif

I've also seen this happen when I've chosen a custom watermark but disabled watermarking. I upload photos and there is no watermark on them. Then I replace one and the watermark gets added to that one.
    My smugmug site: www.majakorpi.net
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Scala wrote:
    I've also seen this happen when I've chosen a custom watermark but disabled watermarking. I upload photos and there is no watermark on them. Then I replace one and the watermark gets added to that one.

EXACTLY what happened to me. However it didn't do it when I first uploaded the batch of images. It only happened when I "replaced" an image.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug