Options

Disneyland Fireworks

jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited July 28, 2007 in Landscapes
Met some out-of-town guests at Disneyland yesterday. They pooped out about 8pm, but I had gone that far and paid $10 to store my tripod in a locker all day so I stuck it out on sheer principle. I was glad I waited though!

All shots are 5s exposures. C&C welcome as always.

f/8, ISO 200
177789445-M.jpg

f/13, ISO 100
177748432-M.jpg

177859449-M.jpg

177748490-M.jpg

177859660-M.jpg
40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC

Comments

• Options
    cunarder534cunarder534 Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Wow. They let you have a tripod inside the park set up. headscratch.gif I'm amazed by that alone. For the shots they are wonderful. They are inspiring me to make the short trip and try my own. Great work. clap.gif
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    These are very nice.
    I'd consider exposing for the bright fireworks more and then brightening up the castle by selection in PS for more pop.
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Wow. They let you have a tripod inside the park set up. headscratch.gif I'm amazed by that alone. For the shots they are wonderful. They are inspiring me to make the short trip and try my own. Great work. clap.gif
    Thanks, Tim! They do let you bring a tripod in.. apparently. I didn't want to carry it around all day so I rented a locker for it, but I still had to go through security first. Mine stands about 3ft high fully extended. People were already camping out at 8pm for the 9:30 show so if you wanna get a good spot to set up, get there early!
    Tee Why wrote:
    These are very nice.
    I'd consider exposing for the bright fireworks more and then brightening up the castle by selection in PS for more pop.
    Thanks for the comment, TY! The fireworks shot off at such varying degrees of intensity so quickly I had a really hard time finding an appropriate setting while at the same time enjoying the show (often I forget to enjoy what I'm shooting at the expense of shooting it). Eventually I just stuck with f/13 for 5s and called it a day. A very.... long.... day. If you have some recommended settings to try, I'll be happy to give it a go. Perhaps next year :D
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC