Options

FOUND: Nikon D200 and MB-D200

rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited August 7, 2007 in Nikon Land
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a second body to upgrade from my D70. I need something with a vertical grip and more power/speed. My budget is super limited as I am also trying to afford a engagement ring at the same time.

I have looked around quite a bit and have seen used D200's going from $1050-1250 price range. So if anybody has a D200 they are looking to sell or if you have an 'extra' laying around let me know and we'll talk business.

I might add if anybody is looking to have a .com personal website I could set you up and give you a great deal in exchange for shaving off some bucks on the camera. I run my own hosting company too so if you're just looking for hosting talk to me.

-Grant
Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB

Comments

• Options
    eekeek Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2007
    Wtb D200
    I have a mint one for sale jemwipe@sbcglobal.net
    Thanks
    Jeff
    rgbivens wrote:
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a second body to upgrade from my D70. I need something with a vertical grip and more power/speed. My budget is super limited as I am also trying to afford a engagement ring at the same time.

I have looked around quite a bit and have seen used D200's going from $1050-1250 price range. So if anybody has a D200 they are looking to sell or if you have an 'extra' laying around let me know and we'll talk business.

I might add if anybody is looking to have a .com personal website I could set you up and give you a great deal in exchange for shaving off some bucks on the camera. I run my own hosting company too so if you're just looking for hosting talk to me.

-Grant
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    Thanks again Jeff. The camera is absolutly amazing!

-Grant
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    rgbivens wrote:
    Thanks again Jeff. The camera is absolutly amazing!

-Grant

I'm interested in a similiar upgrade. Tell me what you like/dislike the most about your transition.

Thanks

Doug S
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    Hey Doug...

Basically I needed a second body as I'm about to shoot a wedding and I know there will be more in the future. I've had my D70 since April of 2005 (2 years and 4 months).

I have worked as a photographer for The Daily O'Collegian, Oklahoma State University's paper for a year and also a photo editor for a semester. While
    working there I got to use a D2hs and since then I have been aware of what a camera can do (speed, performance). So when looking at my available options I saw the D80 and the D200. In my mind there was really no decision between the two because I already have 3 Nikkor lenses and a SB-800 so I just needed the body. The D200 smokes the D80 in most every category so I set my sites on it as my next purchase.

I haven't been shooting with it yet, just around the house a bit, as I just got it this afternoon. The first thing I could tell right out of the box is 'man...this thing is built strong.' It's got the magnesium body instead of the plastic material that the D80 and lower models are made from. It's got so many cool features such as image overlay, time-laps (fully configurable), a HUGE screen compared to my D70, a Nikon grip (MB-D200), better weather seals, shooting 'banks' (which allows you to have different setups for different conditions). That is just to name a few. I know I will have no regrets with this camera.

I would highly suggest reading through DPReview's review of the D200 located here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/NikonD200/

It's 20 pages long but it tells you pretty much every feature, setting, comparisons with other models of Nikons as well as comparisons between Canon models.

Iv'e seen prices from $1050 with pretty much nothing but the body to $1250-1300 with everything that comes with it. I paid $1200 for mine and it looks brand new practically.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions...

-Grant