I hope I did my friends beautiful baby justice.16203146-M.jpg

Comments

• mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Got it.
    Nice candid portrait. I like the lighting.rolleyes1.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 21, 2005
    labs, there are so many adorable aspects to this picture but I wonder about his face being in shadow.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    labs, there are so many adorable aspects to this picture but I wonder about his face being in shadow.
    Thnxs Angelo... I was kind of stuck because there was no ceiling or walls to bounce a flash off of so I went with natural light . I am sure I can lighten it up a bit in PS..
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    I really like it...
    the baby's expression does it for me; it's a great capture! :-)

As for the other aspects, well, the lighting doesn't really look bad, the shadows on the kid's face don't bother me. But I think the white balance's a bit too cool for my tastes. Take this with a grain of salt because the monitor in which I'm viewing your picture *really sucks*. But I really think you should give it a try at making the picture a little warmer, and see if you like it better!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited February 22, 2005
    the baby's expression does it for me; it's a great capture! :-)

As for the other aspects, well, the lighting doesn't really look bad, the shadows on the kid's face don't bother me. But I think the white balance's a bit too cool for my tastes. Take this with a grain of salt because the monitor in which I'm viewing your picture *really sucks*. But I really think you should give it a try at making the picture a little warmer, and see if you like it better!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    I really apreciate you taking the time. I see what you mean and I tried your advice. More times than not when I leave the white balance on Auto I get a cooler cast.. What do you think?16321908-M.jpg
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Hmmm...
    Hi again!
    4labs wrote:
    I really apreciate you taking the time. I see what you mean and I tried your advice. More times than not when I leave the white balance on Auto I get a cooler cast.. What do you think?16321908-M.jpg
    Now that I'm looking at both shots on a better monitor (a calibrated one), I must say this warmer version of your shot is a great improvement in my opinion! The tones look much more natural and convey a cozy feeling.

But... as much as I *love* the result, what do you think of it? :-)

Thanks so much for the attention, and for sharing the results!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited February 22, 2005
    Hi again!

Now that I'm looking at both shots on a better monitor (a calibrated one), I must say this warmer version of your shot is a great improvement in my opinion! The tones look much more natural and convey a cozy feeling.

But... as much as I *love* the result, what do you think of it? :-)

Thanks so much for the attention, and for sharing the results!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Oh I am not shy if I disagreed I woudl say so but you are right.. The warmer version is much more natural.. Thnxs again I apreciate the feedback it's the only way to learn.