I'm cranky

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited July 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I hope you don't mind if I vent. I'm cranky. I have altogether too much work to do. Also, I am stressed out about some icky money-related things and I'm feeling the weight of the world tonight.

My husband (kind man) scooped up the children and went away for a beach adventure so I could work. Now I have the time and absolutely no inclination.

Methinks I'll pack my camera bag and head down to the bay. Perhaps some surf and / or turf will cheer me up.

Bah.

Jesse

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    I hear ya Jesse!!! I'm cranky, too! I've been hassling with contractors who don't seem to care that my house has been torn up for weeks....I have tons I should be doing, but as usual, I'm burying my head in Dgrin and CS trying to forget it all! Now if I could come up with a good challenge entry, it would be worth not working!!! However, I don't think I've shot it yet. eek7.gif Hope things improve for you!
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Take advantage, Jesse... We husbands don't do that too often (often enough)! Go spend a whole day at that bay and the answer will present itself I have no doubt!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    The back bay by me down south here is my sanctuary, Jesse. I hear ya! Hope you went!

I always am reminded how the problems sink away. And there is always something to photograph so it indeed becomes a productive day, with a smile.

I've had a bad week, but at least I got something out of it! l thumb.gif
    My accomplishments this week after all the bad days...managed a few smiles.
    http://netgarden.smugmug.com/gallery/3196968
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Oh, I understnad cranky, Jesse. I've been involved in three major moves in the past 6 weeks--first my house where we had to move everything out to have the floors refinished. Then my deceased father's house--80 years of stuff to discard, pack, clean and sell. Then my offices. I'm really tired of moving and I HATE being so disrupted. I understand completely.

Enjoy that day at the bay. They say that cranky goes away--right now I'm not so sure.
    Scotty
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    money stuff gets me cranky too! hope you feel better! happy shootin! i'm alone tonight too. my hubby took our son on a father/son kayak/camping trip down the allegheny. so i'm indulging in playing 'round with pics - wahoo!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    I had a nice walk and encountered quite a sight! A deer came to the shore amid a ton of traffic and people. I had my camera and am downloading them now. I was thinking, "Whose turf?" but we'll see if any come out.

Also, I managed to catch a ferry leaving the dock at sunset. Not sure if it's theme-worthy, but it was fun to shoot.

AND, a friend called and we're going out to have a beer. I've got a long, hard-workin' day ahead of me tomorrow but tonight has really shaped up. I'm so glad I MADE myself get out of the house and take a walk. The beauty of the water, fresh air and excuses to take pictures are a great anti-depressent!

Thanks to you, dear friends, too. Coming home to your kind words was a nice pick-me-up.

Jesse
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    I I was thinking, "Whose turf?" but we'll see if any come out.

Jesse

Very clever take on the theme, Jesse. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif I hope things pick up for you soon. Meanwhile, your creative juices are obviously flowing. We are so lucky to have photography in our lives, no?

Take care.

Virginia

Email
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    Wow must have been something in the air...I felt so Down In Dumps Today....

Just felt like SO much To Do...and not accomplishing anything...So I went to the store...bought some body pillows at Linen's and Things..Then went to the Panara and had a Strawberry Poppy Salad with a Panani Chicken Pomodoro salad...Can't say it helped much...but it was a different kind of relaxing?? I guess I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not working...sheesh...

All my girlfriends are in "relationships" so can't call them, hate being the 3rd wheel sort to speak...and my other girlfriends live in England...so I can't even have a "girlie" day....Grrrrrr.

My boyfriend is my camera...so I think I'll have a date with him tomorrow..Laughing.gif

Anyways Indie hope you got some nice shots!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote