LPS10-Awakening

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any of these work for 'turf'? Any suggestions to improve or should I look for inspiration elsewhere?
Thanks!
Eyal

178158055-L.jpg

178158098-L.jpg

178158079-L.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    First of all that is pretty cool!

I like the 1st one the most but would suggest a slighty different angle. Up and a little to the left. Keep the focus on the hand but allow us to see more of the face.

As far as the "challenge" I am sure you will get several different answers but for me it would work.

Good Luck!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    :Dwow, what an incredible sight! what is it / where is it?

since the sculpture seems to be the focus, i'm a wishy washy on how well it fits. i wish i had more to offer. out of the 3, i like the first one the best, but also wished i could see a little more of his face. hope you don't mind i got a chuckle out of the grassy armpit in the 2nd one! poor guy - needs a lawn mower instead of a norelco!rolleyes1.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    Thanks Tessa.
    It's a sculpture in D.C.
    More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awakening_%28sculpture%29
    I see your point on the statue taken place over the 'turf'.
    E
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    You've done a very nice interpretation of these statues. I like the very first one the best as far as framing of the subject is concered, but I'd rather see the face as the focal point instead of the near hand, OR have the DOF put all of the parts in focus.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • willaibachwillaibach Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    I like the first one for the theme. It as a greater sense of "overcoming the turf".
    But He says to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Cor 12:9

www.steveandwilla.com