lps #10

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is my struggle, these themes bring to my mind a broad landscape. So that's where I've started my search. I look at the photos I've taken and wonder if they have enough interest, beauty, and story to stand on their own and be competetive in this challenge. What do you honestly think? Any thoughts on my choice of searching for landscapes?

thank you in advance...
178395605-L.jpg

178395573-L.jpg
178395468-L.jpg
177988615-L.jpg
177988589-L.jpg
177979580-L.jpg
178803401-L.jpg
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    I think they all have potential, although 1-4 are my favorites. #5 has a shape in it that I think might be an animal but can't make out exactly what it is, so it's bothersome. The barn one looks like it could be a 10:4 pano option. The first is probably my first choice for looks, but I'd like to see a more interesting sky and even then it's not literally supporting either theme. My second choice for aesthetics is #2, and that is probably the srongest on theme. Perhaps some pp, or a reshoot with more dramatic angle and/or stonger shadows? ne_nau.gif

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Number 2... I concur with Emily's comments on this shot... I think the object in 5 is a tree stump.

Winston
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    I'll have to keep my eye out for some better skies in case I'm able to reshoot. We sure have had a lot of overcast days here. And yes - that's a stump in the grass. Thank you for your comments!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    2 and 4
    I think I prefer everyone's 2 and 4 shots! Laughing.gif I thought about a similar idea as #2 but I think you nailed the composition better than I could have (back to the surf for me). Personally, I'd like to see a deeper, richer color in the grass contrasted with the browns of the bails and for the bails to be a touch sharper. They appear a little soft but take it with a grain of salt because I'm viewing on my work laptop which doesn't display the best graphics. They may be purple for all I know.

#4 is beautiful. Again, I'd prefer deeper color but then again, my monitor may be at fault.

All in all, great photos! Keep'em coming.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    My favorites are 4 and 5! Lot's of good effort here, for sure!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    What a gorgeous series of photographs, Tessa. My favorites (without considering the challenge) are ##1, 6 and 7. #2 is a great idea but it doesn't have enough drama to really draw the viewer in. The barn roof in #3 seems to be blown out and even if only very bright, it draws the eye away from the total photograph. Lie ## 4 and 5, especially #4.

As for my favorites, #1 doesn't hit the theme for me. Nor does #6. I think that #7 does. It is a beatiful, moody photgraph and different from others that have been posted so far. So, that's my vote. :D

Virginia

Email
    edited July 30, 2007
    Thanks Travis! I appreciate your input! Any chance your middle initial is "J"? I could call you TJ.:D

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    edited July 30, 2007
    thanks mark. so far it seems #4 is getting the majority vote. thank you for your comment!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    edited July 30, 2007
    Virginia, thank you for your comment. I think I'm leaning toward either 4 or 7. My husband thinks I should seek out either a football field or golf green, a true guy talking! We'll see how this week progresses.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    Thanks Travis! I appreciate your input! Any chance your middle initial is "J"? I could call you TJ.:D

OMG! My FIRST initial is "J". You are scaring me.....
  • Xia_KeXia_Ke Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Gear Shots Tessa :D #2 would be my pick as for me it seems to fit the theme the best. I agree with Travis that it could use some adjustments though.

Aaron

BTW- I REALLY like #4. Just doesn't seem to really convey the theme to me. Nice work thumb.gif
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

"Challenge yourself! You will have days of discouragement and days of success, but the only way to fail, is to quit!" - Emily (Greensquared)
    edited July 30, 2007
    Maybe it's bizarro world! (Seinfeld reference) See ya, JT!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    I love 6 and 7, but I would have to say 7 is my favorite.....The mystery of the fog, I just want to continue down the path, jump the fence and EXPLORE, I also like the variances of color in this one!!

The dirt path with its texture, makes me wonder who and how this path is traveled, and the stalks of corn on the side, Ahhhh hungry, just grab an ear...Laughing.gif, I think I would just add a dallop of contrast and a tad of edge sharpening to it...

Number 6 is also beautiful, the fog is mystique, although, I would be very curious to explore, I would also be very hesitant...lol

Nice job on all.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited July 30, 2007
    Thank you so much for you comments! I was leaning toward 4 or 7, and your comments point out that is more of a story in 7, or more for the imagination. thanks

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com