It isn't pretty but it's...

PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
100% Chemical Free
178445196-M.jpg

This is how my own grass actually looks. The grass I posted the other day is from a yard at the "Street of Dreams" home show. I used to keep up a putting green of sorts in my back yard. I've got the California Trimmer mower and other stuff to maintain it. But, I'm a little conflicted about the use of copious amounts of chemicals & water to keep it lush. This is what happens after a few of years of no chemicals and minimal watering.

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    It's an interesting story, but honestly, I can see the golf ball, but can't really tell what the other white shape is, nor why either of the support your story? Sorry if that is simply my ignorance.

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    that's some rough turf there! I really like the concept, but I think the exposure is off, or maybe it just needs some different lighting.
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    I certainly got the concept and recognized the elements immediately. Maybe it needs a wider shot and crop, with a putter at one end of a long crop, the cup and ball at the other, of this horrendously maintained peice of turf.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif with the other coments. You're working a good idea here - the idea of the reality of the chemical free lawn - it's just a question of giving it the omph it needs to tell the story on its own. For me the golf ball and cup are distractors, at least as placed in this photo. Any place where someone has a perfect lawn next to an environmentally responsible lawn? You could call it Turf Wars. rolleyes1.gif Oops, can't use turf in the title.

Virginia

Email
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    I certainly got the concept and recognized the elements immediately. Maybe it needs a wider shot and crop, with a putter at one end of a long crop, the cup and ball at the other, of this horrendously maintained peice of turf.

rolleyes1.gifI actually got the idea from your shot of steaks on the barbeque and the dog looking longingly, hungrily up...there was some pretty thin turf in that image!eek7.gif I only had to venture as far as my own back yard, which was as far from the house as I got all weekend. I like your suggestions for improvement. I'm just not sure a picture of my ugly grass has a chance in heck of competing (I probably wouldn't vote for it) against a happy, healthy, blond haired child frolicking in a verdant field of beautifully maintained turf in the golden hour of light (Greensquared).

Flyinggina's idea of compare and contrast is interesting...hmmm.

Anyway, Thanks for your each of your comments. They're very helpful as always!
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif with the other coments. You're working a good idea here - the idea of the reality of the chemical free lawn - it's just a question of giving it the omph it needs to tell the story on its own. For me the golf ball and cup are distractors, at least as placed in this photo. Any place where someone has a perfect lawn next to an environmentally responsible lawn? You could call it Turf Wars. rolleyes1.gif Oops, can't use turf in the title.

Virginia
    So, I do get it now, but agree with the other comments. Okay, and I admit to my naivety when it comes to sports equipment...must do further research...rolleyes1.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifI actually got the idea from your shot of steaks on the barbeque and the dog looking longingly, hungrily up...there was some pretty thin turf in that image!eek7.gif

Those there "turfs" on the left weren't at all thin, and had you been around about 20 minutes later, yoiu'd have been able to partake in it.. Mine was the one on the left! And yes, she did get some!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..