Internet Explorer intermittent crashing

apexonephotoapexonephoto Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello All,

People have been complaining for a few days that they can't get on my site. I am sure they are using IE and I can't gaurantee what version they are using.

Also my slideshow shows up on every page, where as I only want it one the front page.

Can someone work some magic. You guys are great. The IE crash doesn't always happen, and I wish that the general public and my wonderful customers would understand.

Thanks

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 30, 2007
    Hello All,

People have been complaining for a few days that they can't get on my site. I am sure they are using IE and I can't gaurantee what version they are using.

Also my slideshow shows up on every page, where as I only want it one the front page.

Can someone work some magic. You guys are great. The IE crash doesn't always happen, and I wish that the general public and my wonderful customers would understand.

Thanks

Hi James :)

I changed some of your code a bit. You were using an older version of the slideshow code in your javascript. I updated it for you. Also, there is a slight change in the loadslideshow script in your footer that I changed, too.

Added a bit of CSS so it only shows up on your homepage.

Let us know if all is well.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • apexonephotoapexonephoto Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Hi Barb,

All is well. I tell people about my website and how everythinhg works. But I can never fully express how great Smugmug and Dgrin are.

Thanks alot. I almost never fret over things as I know one of my hero will save the day!!!