Options

WDW Pano

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited August 26, 2007 in Landscapes
956697052_e2cf3f73d8_b.jpg
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

large version
A panorama shot of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, made of three pictures taken from Downtown Disney. Pictures taken with a Kodak EasyShare CS4230 and combined with Hugin. In the foreground are part of the Lego brick dragon that lurks along the shore.

Comments

• Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    Very nice stitch job on the three photos. Wish the dragon and Boat were not in the photo though.

I love that resort, we have stayed there the last two trips to the house of mouse. I grounds at Saratoga Springs are very photogenic, I must have close to a hundred pictures of that resort.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2007
    Thanks. The boats were intentional - an empty dock would have looked a bit strange, I thought. You're certainly right about the dragon, it is annoying. I'll give it another go when I'm down there next, get some shots from a spot further to the west so I can avoid it.
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2007
    Oh, this is too much fun!
    966639388_c4e75f80f0_b.jpg

I've got to take a better camera along with me next time

It makes me wish for an even wider widescreen monitor... does anyone make a 15"x30" montior? mwink.gif
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Nice Ones Steven. You placed these together very well. You will get a better view of the Resort if you go over between Bongos and Wolfgang Puck's Restaurants. I work at Universal Studios but go to Disney's Westside all the time. Love the AMC Movie Theater there. Let me know the next time you jot down this way and maybe we can get together for a few shots.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2007
    sorry we couldn't hook up this week, Jester.

Here's a 7-image pano of the Yacht and Beach clubs at Walt Disney World, shot from the Boardwalk side of the lake.

1233454226_53ae2dbb1b_b.jpg
    clickey for larger, tastier version.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2007
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    Nice Panos Steven. Sorry we couldn't hook up. Give me a little more advance notice next time. I love the Boardwalk. Very scenic out there. I do a lot of shooting with models out there. The ESPN Club is a nice place to have lunch. Did you go to it?
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    StevenV wrote:

Hi ya Steven, tell me, did you use a tripod or hand hold for the daylight Pano's?? :D

They all look great clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2007
    I didn't have a tripod with me this trip, just the 10D and one lens; these were all hand-held during the day. The nighttime PI shots were taken with the camera sitting on a railing using the self-timer.

I've had lunch at ESPN during other trips, had other places to be this time but you're right... good food to be had there, Jester. I'll try to get you more notice for my next run to O-town.
  • Options
    thegridrunnerthegridrunner Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2007
    I didn't notice any parallex problems...nice shots.
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2007
    I didn't notice any parallex problems...nice shots.

thanks. The lack of parallex I attribute to two things. I prop my left (camera-holding) hand on a fence or other object and try to rotate around that, and more importantly the subjects are all far enough away from me yet close enough to each other. I'm sure that if there was something closer (like if the dragon had been caught in multiple frames) it would be more of a problem. It's not perfect, and if I continue this I'll definatly want to carry my tripod and get a pano head.