Keyword searches on SmugIslands?

mikalamikala Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 31, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello smuggers! I would like for visitors in my password-protected gallery to be able to search by keyword just as I can when I am logged in.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island says:
"Hello smuggers!
[snip]
3. No: Other SmugMug pages will pretend they don't know you. But on your SmugMug pages, visitors will be able to use the search box, keywords, etc., to find your photos (like they can in option two, above)."
It also says:
"Visitors to your SmugIsland cannot search private or password-protected galleries unless you give them access."

SOOO...how can I actually do this?

Sorry if there's an obvious answer that I missed!
This is my first day on SmugMug and I'm just so impressed with what I can see of the company philosophy and features (unlimited storage, full-size downloads without being forced to pay for prints, and most of all, the privacy offered by SmugIslands)! Way to go! :barb

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    mikala wrote:
    Hello smuggers! I would like for visitors in my password-protected gallery to be able to search by keyword just as I can when I am logged in.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island says:
    "Hello smuggers!
    [snip]
    3. No: Other SmugMug pages will pretend they don't know you. But on your SmugMug pages, visitors will be able to use the search box, keywords, etc., to find your photos (like they can in option two, above)."
    It also says:
    "Visitors to your SmugIsland cannot search private or password-protected galleries unless you give them access."

SOOO...how can I actually do this?

Sorry if there's an obvious answer that I missed!
    This is my first day on SmugMug and I'm just so impressed with what I can see of the company philosophy and features (unlimited storage, full-size downloads without being forced to pay for prints, and most of all, the privacy offered by SmugIslands)! Way to go! wings.gif
    I'll second that. Append the keywords to the main list from a
    passworded gallery after entering the password.

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • mikalamikala Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    I'll second that. Append the keywords to the main list from a
    passworded gallery after entering the password.

Yeah, that would do the trick all the right!
    But wait, should this be a feature request then?

Bottom line is, I don't get the help text. What does it mean when it says that "visitors will be able to use the search box, keywords, etc." and how are visitors supposed to search password-protected galleries otherwise?
    Just felt like I'm missing something here.
    Allen wrote:
    wave.gif welcome to Dgrin.

Many thanks, Allen for your kind response!
    It's so encouraging for a newbie if the first post doesn't go ignored :D
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 31, 2007
    G'day mikala,

The SmugIsland settings ("hello world" and "hello smuggers") are relatively new (a few months)... prior to this, it wasn't possible to search in private or passworded albums at all, even for the owner.

I suggest that you post this in the feature request thread.

Welcome to dgrin and SmugMug :D

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos