Options

Alaksa trip.

petepicspetepics Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited August 3, 2007 in Landscapes
We spent two eeks in Alaska this past June. I not only had a great time but learned a few things while taking 2500+ photos. (Such as, shooting from moving trains, boats and zodiacs reduces your keeper count. :scratch Anyway, I thought Id share some landscape attempts, and as always, C&C welcome.

View of Admiralty Is. from our bearth in Juneau
172997438-L.jpg

Approaching Dawes Glacier in Endicot Arm
173001968-L.jpg

A Humpback taillobs off Point Adolphus
173021912-L.jpg

Early morning of the summer solstice
173022435-L.jpg

One very spectacular calving of Suprise Glacier in Prince William Sound
173044316-L.jpg

Part of the reward for a steep hike up the hillside in Whittier.
173046795-L.jpg

The trip draws to a close as we make our way back to Anchorage.
173052344-L.jpg
Pete
I always wanted to grow up and be a fireman. But now I know you can't do both. http://www.petepics.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Very nice, I love the last one. Anybody can shoot a reflection off water(except if you live in the desert!) But off a train?clap.gif
    Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!
  • Options
    edited July 31, 2007
    DesertRat wrote:
    Very nice, I love the last one. Anybody can shoot a reflection off water(except if you live in the desert!) But off a train?clap.gif

Thanks Rat. I think I,m going to print the train shot.

Pete
    Pete
    I always wanted to grow up and be a fireman. But now I know you can't do both. http://www.petepics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
  • Options
    mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Looks like you had a great trip
    Nice shots. I esp. like the train shot-well done and great angles and perspective. The whale shot misses its mark-is it the fluke your interested in? Seems the attention could be placed on the real 'shot' with a touch of PP: (if you object to others reworking you shots PM me and I'll remove it from SM and my hard drive-some people are sensitve and others make $ from their shots) Seems to me the shot is about the cloud layer and mountains thus:

179803444-L.jpg

........................................Mereimage
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    Yes! Yes! Thank You!

Me and PS haven't learned to play nice in the sandbox just yet.
    Pete
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    wow! very impressive! i am currently securing my deposit for a two week cruise in aug 2009 to alsaka, and your photos have me very excited!!!!
    did you "snorkel" while in Alaska - i heard not to miss that...

troy
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    wow! very impressive! i am currently securing my deposit for a two week cruise in aug 2009 to alsaka, and your photos have me very excited!!!!
    did you "snorkel" while in Alaska - i heard not to miss that...

troy

Nope, no snokelling :)
    My nephew and I did take a dip in a glacial river near Valdez. Even wearing dry suits we got really cold really fast.
    Enjoy your trip. Bring lots of memory and have your sensor cleaned before you leave. Anything I took at over f11 with my D70 is virtually useless because of the amount of sensor dust. (Brand new, bought for the trip, D200 to the rescue!)
    Pete