Options

Are Coupon/discounts possible?

DBEDBE Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 2, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
:huh
What I want to know is can I give the team mebers of the team I shoot a code to knock off 10% of the gallery prices?
Or do I do it manually and after an announced period of time, raise prices 10%.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
www.DBEPhotography.net
www.emmerman.smugmug.com
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Vincent van Gogh[/FONT]

www.DBEPhotography.net
[URL="http://www.emmerman.smugmug.com:click"]www.emmerman.smugmug.com:click[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    Dan for now this is a manual only feature. The smug software doesn't support this yet. It is in the works but there is no timeline for it.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DBEDBE Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    To to make sure I have it right.

The best method for offering a discount to a team would be to have a discounted price for a period of time and then raise the default pricing back to normal prices once the allotted time period has expired.

Dan
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Vincent van Gogh[/FONT]

www.DBEPhotography.net
    [URL="http://www.emmerman.smugmug.com:click"]www.emmerman.smugmug.com:click[/URL]
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    DBE wrote:

The best method for offering a discount to a team would be to have a discounted price for a period of time and then raise the default pricing back to normal prices once the allotted time period has expired.

Dan

The easiest way to do this currently is simply to use the quick input tool on your pro pricing page to do a "% increase" to "all products". Granted, you'd have to remember to go in an do this on the specified date, but once you're there it only takes a few clicks to adjust all your prices up 50% or whatever.

I hope that helps!

-Anne
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    DBE wrote:

Dan

This is exactly what I do. I have to precreated pricing only galleries that I grab from to set the pricing - one at full price, one 10% off. then I put in my calendar a specific date that it goes to full price and I manually change it.

Not pretty, but it works. :D