Arena Football: Alaska Wild vs. San Angelo Stampede

PhotoHoundPhotoHound Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited August 11, 2007 in Sports
This is the first indoor match I've ever been to, taken at the final game of the Wild's premiere (expansion) season. Shot from the stands with a 70-200 2.8 IS @ 800 ISO.

#1: Wild intro
178398855-L.jpg

#2: QB rollout
178413627-L.jpg

#3: Defensive tip
178406795-L.jpg

#4: Gang tackle
178417299-L.jpg

#5: Endzone pass
178439247-L.jpg

#6: Stampede run
178410853-L.jpg

#7: Stampede run
178411800-L.jpg

#8: QB pressure
178421491-L.jpg

#9: And a couple of cheerleader pics, just for kicks... :wink
178421038-L.jpg

178449484-L.jpg

178432133-L.jpg

Comments welcome.

Scott

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Great action thumb.gif
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Nice shots, Scott! I've done some shooting at the NY Dragons AFL games, and I know what a challenging environment it is to shoot at.
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Wow I was wondering what was happening with the team. I know they fired 3 coaches before i had left nice to see they are still playing. Was thinking about trying out for them..
  • PhotoHoundPhotoHound Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Great action thumb.gif

Thanks Gus, I checked out your gallery - very stellar images there. The comet shots are simply spectacular!
    edited August 11, 2007
    PhotoHound wrote:
    Thanks Gus, I checked out your gallery - very stellar images there. The comet shots are simply spectacular!
    Thanks...funny as i was just 2 mins ago thinking about that. Doc (our favorite flea market mod) has just moved to australia & today we are climbing that mountain where i took that very photo from. I was considering doing an all nighter up there for last nights 2-4 am meteor shower but chickened out...i would just fall asleep up there anyway. Maybe next year if im more prepared.
    edited August 11, 2007
    moose135 wrote:
    Nice shots, Scott! I've done some shooting at the NY Dragons AFL games, and I know what a challenging environment it is to shoot at.

Thanks for your comments Moose, yes it is quite the challenge indeed. Very quick play and not enough light. And the light that is there cycles so exposures from the same play may actually be different. Missed out on a few key plays because of too much motion blur...oh well. Got to get what you can take when you can I guess. Oh, BTW your Dragons shots are terrific; man I like those uniforms!
    edited August 11, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Thanks...funny as i was just 2 mins ago thinking about that. Doc (our favorite flea market mod) has just moved to australia & today we are climbing that mountain where i took that very photo from. I was considering doing an all nighter up there for last nights 2-4 am meteor shower but chickened out...i would just fall asleep up there anyway. Maybe next year if im more prepared.

Laughing.gif I was up all last night looking for those silly Perseids...never saw one! :cry Will probably try again tonight though.
    edited August 11, 2007
    PhotoHound wrote:
    Laughing.gif I was up all last night looking for those silly Perseids...never saw one! :cry Will probably try again tonight though.
    Mate ive seen them before several times & they are very tiny. Just like grains of sand. You will need to be a long way from any light pollution to get a glimps.
    edited August 11, 2007
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Wow I was wondering what was happening with the team. I know they fired 3 coaches before i had left nice to see they are still playing. Was thinking about trying out for them..

Yes, they had some trouble starting out there...not sure exactly what the problem was, but it looks like they may have things sorted out now. I hope...

That's cool you are at the level to do something like that; wish I had the chance when I was in my prime...long way from there now though...

Thanks for commenting Kelsey, I really enjoyed looking at all the great photos in your gallery. Man, those climbing pics (especially from Utah) are killer. Hopefully I can travel the world like you have some day.
    edited August 11, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Mate ive seen them before several times & they are very tiny. Just like grains of sand. You will need to be a long way from any light pollution to get a glimps.

Right-O, thanks for the info. I just may try heading a bit further north... Thanks again.