Options

FOUND: Canon EFS 10-22mm

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited September 20, 2007 in House of Canon
Looking to buy a used Canon 10-22mm. Looking for around +/-$550ish in good condition.

Need a new lens for upcoming architecture assignments, help me out! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited August 5, 2007
    Anybody? pls? haha
  • Options
    drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    mr peas wrote:
    Anybody? pls? haha

I bought one of these on ebay last summer for $575, and like it a lot. Have you checked there? Things tend to get bid up there, and it takes some patience to get a good price.

Good Luck!
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• Options
    edited August 7, 2007
    Thanks ill give it a shot. ;D

Still looking here though, easier to deal with sellers on here than Ebay.
  • Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    There is a Buy In Now for lens, hood and acc/box for $575 right now, won't last long, methinks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EFS-10-22mm-f3-5-4-5-USN-Lens_W0QQitemZ150149657711QQihZ005QQcategoryZ106845QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    Thats a tough call on Ebay like that. I don't want to gamble with $600ish dollars. I just wish we had a good seller here on Dgrin, it would be so much easier.

No rush though, I can wait a little. Lmk if you find more!
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2007
    Still looking, any help is appreciated. Still trying to lean away from fleabay.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    mr peas wrote:
    Still looking, any help is appreciated. Still trying to lean away from fleabay.
    Do make sure you see plenty shots from the one you buy. I bought my first one new here in 0z & i was very disappointed with its soft edges. So i sold it showing the new buyer samples which he didnt seem concerned with (surf photog)

I missed wide just too much so i bought another from a member on d/grin & its amazing the difference..very sharp copy.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2007
    Thanks gus, I'll be sure to be on a look out.

Yeah I could really use the super-wide specially on architecture shoots, my little ol' Tokina 19-35 is nice and sharp (being that I only use the center of the lens), but its clearly not as wide as a 10-12mm.

Was thinking of going full-frame with a 5D but I'm afraid to sell one of the kidneys for I may need them for other endeavors.

So if anyone has a good copy of a 10-22mm Canon, y'all let me know pls!
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Thought about Sigma?
    I have this one and am pretty happy with it:

sigma.gif shim.gifZoom Super Wide Angle 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Autofocus Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras

381610.jpg

And its at your price point of $500. Even less if you go to Grey market.......
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2007
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2007
    Update! I finally found one hahaha.. Months later, Hahah.