Why SmugMug? (By Private Message)

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I got this in a PM. Sure, I have plenty to say, but I'm willing to bet that the person PMing me would like to hear from customers, even more :D
PM wrote:
andy,

I dont know if this is part of your job, but sell me on smugmug.

I have seen some other sites out there that offer a very similar and cheaper product. I would be interested in the pro package.

Thank you.

:ear

Comments

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I got this in a PM. Sure, I have plenty to say, but I'm willing to bet that the person PMing me would like to hear from customers, even more :D

ear.gif

My response here...
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=325972#post325972

From this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=36049
  • tuggnettuggnet Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    I've been with SM for a little over a year. IMO, the service is second to none. Check this thread out: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=607915#post607915

(man I hope I did that right eek7.gif ) It took Andy about 5 minutes to reply and FIX the problem this person was having. That's standard operating procedure around here.

On a more personal note, I had a client that bought several prints of a family portrait. One of the images I totally hosed in PP. It was totally my fault. I don't recall the details but suffice it to say everyone's skin looked like the green lantern's tights.

Before it went to print, someone at SM reviewed the order and decided the image looked like dog doo doo, contacted me and before I knew it, “the house pro” ( I assume it was Andy) fixed the damage I caused and saved me from lots of embarrassment.

Customer service goes above and beyond!

Cheers
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    tuggnet wrote:
    Before it went to print, someone at SM reviewed the order and decided the image looked like dog doo doo, contacted me and before I knew it, “the house pro” ( I assume it was Andy) fixed the damage I caused and saved me from lots of embarrassment.

That was you? :D

One of our her0es caught it, and then I fixed it for ya thumb.gif

Happy to be of service!
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Smugmug, like all sevrvices, has plenty of room for improvement. If you look around these forums, you'll see lots of complaints and suggestions. However, when it comes to the actual handling of your pixels, Smugmug is second to none. The back end engine for scaling and the relationship with EZPrints are both top notch. My decision has been to work around all the issues in the Smugmug front end and database because the image quality at Smugmug is the one thing I can't find a replacement for if I use another service.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    There are so manythings 1st class customer serivce is on top.
    And people love to visit galleries at smugmug. A lot of people come to my gallery to see my average or below average photos. Some even got published !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Smugmug listens to its customers! If a customer makes a compelling case for an improvement or a bug fix on one or more of the Dgrin forums, the SmugMug team will address it, particularly if other SmugMug customers chime-in in support of the request. Sometimes, fixes occur almost instantaneously! It may take a while if the change is a complex feature improvement rather than a bug, and competes with other legitimate "prioirites", but when they're done, the change will just as likely exceed the original request with more power and/or flexibility. SmugIslands is a recent example I'm personally attached to, but there are many others that deserve as much or more publicity.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Why ? well you are dealing with the sharp end of the stick for questions & problems thats why.

The people that own & run SmugMug are here posting/listening & reading, every one of them. There is a lot more to SmugMug but that alone will do it for me every time as thats just so important.

Not to leave out the many many people that are part of the great d/grin community that offer a vast wealth of knowhow.