Timeline questions

BECogginsBECoggins Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am just now beginning to experiment with the timeline feature. It seems very useful, but I can't figure out how the photos are ordered. All the ones from the same date are grouped together, but after that it seems that it is ignoring the hours:minutes:seconds part of the timestamp. Without a complete time ordering it seems far less useful to me...why would you want the photos sorted by date unless you were hoping to follow events over time? For example, the timeline from 7/12 to 7/14 should show a part of my recent trip in chronological order, but because the times aren't sorted correctly within each date, the events don't make any sense.

I should also say that it looks to me like the time stamps on the photos are valid. The photos were taken by a 10D with the correct time set, and the post-processing was all in CS3 Bridge and PS. The info section beside each photo on SmugMug seems to be showing the correct dates and times.

My second question is how you control the "gallery options" for the timeline gallery. Mine is giving the photo purchase links, which I usually turn off in my galleries. Can I turn them off for the timeline feature?

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    BECoggins wrote:
    My second question is how you control the "gallery options" for the timeline gallery. Mine is giving the photo purchase links, which I usually turn off in my galleries. Can I turn them off for the timeline feature?

Thanks,
    Brian
    Try this, add to your CSS.

.datePage .cartbuttons {
    display: none;}

Might want these other galleries if you want them
    off there also.

.keywordPage .cartbuttons,
    .datePage .cartbuttons,
    .popularGallery .cartbuttons {
    display: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • BECogginsBECoggins Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 3, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Try this, add to your CSS.

Thanks, Allen! That works.

Now, does anyone know about the sorting question?

Brian
  • BECogginsBECoggins Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2007
    BECoggins wrote:
    Thanks, Allen! That works.

Now, does anyone know about the sorting question?

Brian

One last call before I take the timeline off my home page, due to its results not making any sense to me...with the timeline function, within a single date, are the photos supposed to be sorted in some way? If not, why not? Can that be controlled?

Thanks,
    Brian