Wrong job for a kid

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 5, 2007 in People
Wrong job wrong person
Today weather was hot and cloudy. I was going to printing shop for some prints. I found this little kid selling balloons in a market known as market of elite class of people situated in elite class area of Islamabad where politicians/actors/businessmen/ ambassadors etc live and come to shop or simply place of people who write destiny of people of Pakistan.
I was really sad to see this boy who should be playing with toys is selling balloons in a sick hot weather.

179704681-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• m_granitem_granite Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Nice photo. Reminds me of a rainbow in the sky.
    Alex Q.
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Maybe he wants this job? ne_nau.gif Sometimes kids are older than they look. Nice photo, regardless!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    The angle of your shot makes me think he's fighting the urge to let them all go and watch them sail up up up into the blue sky....
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Thanks all
    I hope he was not a kid but he is ..........
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Maybe he's trying to save up for a camera ...and won't settle for a cheap one...hence the job? :D
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
    edited August 2, 2007
    Maybe he's trying to save up for a camera ...and won't settle for a cheap one...hence the job? :D

then i should also find a job mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Awais - you are right ... children should be about playing and having fun and not about earning money. We all must, individually and if possible collectively, do what we can, a small step at a time, to make this world better for our children.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • steelephotography.comsteelephotography.com Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    An image that tells a story....
    Something for which we all strive...

Nice capture Awais...
    edited August 2, 2007
    Thanks Gary and Steele always love to hear from you

My Gallery
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    Hey Awais! Love all the colorful balloons! Great shot, kids seems to be struggling by holding on to them and trying not to let them go. Good shot!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 2, 2007
    Thank you Marina love to hear from you

My Gallery
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2007
    It's so hard to remember that some children in the world have no choice about working when they should be playing and learning and simply growing up. This is a poignant shot, Awais. Thank you for sharing and making me think.

Virginia

Email
    edited August 3, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    It's so hard to remember that some children in the world have no choice about working when they should be playing and learning and simply growing up. This is a poignant shot, Awais. Thank you for sharing and making me think.

Virginia

Thank you Virginia

My Gallery
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Like the colors.

Hey.. at least the kid isnt sitting in front a TV all day like most kids here are doing.
    edited August 3, 2007
    mr peas wrote:
    Like the colors.

Hey.. at least the kid isnt sitting in front a TV all day like most kids here are doing.

Thanks buddy yes man not in front of tv but infront of cameras. I always got bad grades because i used to waste all my time infront of tv watching cartoon network !!!rolleyes1.gif but something happened to me in MBA i got 2nd position in uni in 1st semester everyone was shocked thanks Allah i don't have to pay fee !!!!
    eek7.gifclap

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Thanks buddy yes man not in front of tv but infront of cameras. I always got bad grades because i used to waste all my time infront of tv watching cartoon network !!!rolleyes1.gif but something happened to me in MBA i got 2nd position in uni in 1st semester everyone was shocked thanks Allah i don't have to pay fee !!!!
    eek7.gifclap

Conrats!!! I was wondering how "our" Awais (Dgrin's Awais) was doing in the program. You better do good, you are representing the entire DGRIN community - lol.

Sincerely - Good Job!!!

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Perhaps he'll be very sucessful one day. He's got motivation! But you're right...kids should be kids...he should be playing with these balloons...not selling them at his young age. :cry
    edited August 5, 2007
    :D Thanks Gary :D but it is easy in start don't know about future rolleyes1.gif
    And thanks Seneca :cry

My Gallery