Options

Moon and Clouds

Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in Landscapes
I wanted to take some photos of the moon last night, just for the heck of it. I didn't realize until I got outside that the the sky was partly cloudy. I shot a few exposures without clouds, but I thought I'd try and capture what I saw that evening...moon and clouds. So I shot two exposures (1/100 and 4 sec) and blended the two in Photoshop.

MoonAndClouds_post.jpg
Canon 300D, 300mm f/4L IS and 1.4x TC, Tripod/Cable Release, ISO 100, f/11

Comments

• Options
    toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Great use of combining photos
    I really enjoyed your photo of the moon and clouds. I think you have overcome and shown a great way of being able get both moon and sky detail in. Expose for the moon and you get black sky deatil, and vis versa the moon looks like a lightglobe. By allowing the sky to be exposed for 4 seconds I think creates drama with their movement, and the moon is nice as well. Thanks for sharing.
    I wanted to take some photos of the moon last night, just for the heck of it. I didn't realize until I got outside that the the sky was partly cloudy. I shot a few exposures without clouds, but I thought I'd try and capture what I saw that evening...moon and clouds. So I shot two exposures (1/100 and 4 sec) and blended the two in Photoshop.

Canon 300D, 300mm f/4L IS and 1.4x TC, Tripod/Cable Release, ISO 100, f/11