Seen a lot of waves . . .

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited August 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
... but what about this? I call it "Amber WAVES of Grain"

Does anyone think it might work for LPS10?

179866577-L.jpg

Comments

• hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    no expert here, but what about straightening the horizon line and punching up the colors?

my usual disclaimer: if you don't like people 'chopping your shots, tell me and i'll delete it.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    I like
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Nice entry. Love the color.
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Beautiful - I love it!
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    At first I questioned fi the horizon really needed to be straightened, as the "wheat horizon" on the right is probably really how that land slopes, but the more I looked at it, it does just look off. hurricanesteve's straightening looks good, and I also see a bit more blue in the sky in hurrucane's, which was going to be my main suggestion, that the sky in the original looked too white...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    yeah, i agree with Mark... its a beautiful shot, but made that much more with those couple "enhancements" Love the look of the wheat!! full and heavy, ready for harvest! lovely!! I'd enter it! then, if it were mine, would put it up on the wall!!

Brige
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    wo, that color is amazing! i like it alot!
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Thanks .....
    Thanks for all the comments. I think I will enter it and I will punch up the colors. Thanks Hurricane!

BTW, I was standing on the Idaho / Wyoming Stateline (Stateline Road, actually) looking east and all the land slopes slightly one way or the other making it hard to keep your camera level. I've intentionally tilted some shots of the mountains because the only horizontal lines in the photo were just sloping enough to make you crazy.... Oh well, small price to pay for getting to vacation in such a great place.

Also, the barley is indeed ready for harvest. All through Teton Valley and over into the Snake River Valley the combines are going day and night right now.

Thanks again for all your comments.