Trying a idea for #10

davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
edited August 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is this worth going after?
It's a 3 or more picture composite more or less saying, this is my turf.
I'll need to get a full shot of my dog, who just loves to howl, and get a background with some backlit trees.

This would Not be the final result. It's more of a rough draft.

179899260-O.jpg
dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Nice image, very nice. But a bit of a stretch for me. Though if we're talking about stretching, since the moon is responsible for the tides, you can stretch it over to surf as well =c)
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Thanks Pyro
    dave.

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    I agree it's a bit of a stretch on the theme, but it's a fantastic image. Love it just as it is!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    This is such a great shot that I would save it for a future theme that may be more fitting. It would be such a shame for it not to get through because of theme - I understand where you are going with the idea but it does need to be explained...
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    This is such a great shot that I would save it for a future theme that may be more fitting. It would be such a shame for it not to get through because of theme - I understand where you are going with the idea but it does need to be explained...

I don't think he would be able to use it for future themes, as I understand it, all photos for qualifying rounds, as well as, semi's have to be fresh and taken during the time frame....even if they are composites...they still have to be fresh.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    I don't think he would be able to use it for future themes, as I understand it, all photos for qualifying rounds, as well as, semi's have to be fresh and taken during the time frame....even if they are composites...they still have to be fresh.

Thanks folks.

Tentacion, though I couldn't use this photo/picture for a future theme, I could use this idea for it.

I couldn't use this photo for this theme anyway, 2 of the 3 shots were outside the time line. I was just getting a feel if it tied into the theme well enough.

Thanks again.
    dave.

• fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:

Maybe I should have said this is such a great "idea". Sorry if I was misleading...