Options

D1s or FugiS2

armstrongarmstrong Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited March 26, 2004 in Cameras
I live in toronto and am going to buy a digital slr next week. I have enouph $ to buy the S2 pro out right ,or I could go into debt for D1s. I will be using the camera for fashion and product. In canada the D1s is $10200 and the S2 is $2500. Without taking lenses into consideration, is the D1s $8000 better than the S2 or something like it? Should I bite the bullit and get the D1S now? or buy the S2 and wait?Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2004
    armstrong wrote:
    I live in toronto and am going to buy a digital slr next week. I have enouph $ to buy the S2 pro out right ,or I could go into debt for D1s. I will be using the camera for fashion and product. In canada the D1s is $10200 and the S2 is $2500. Without taking lenses into consideration, is the D1s $8000 better than the S2 or something like it? Should I bite the bullit and get the D1S now? or buy the S2 and wait?Thanks
    Both are fine cameras (assuming you mean Fuji S2 and Canon 1Ds), but very different. The S2 isn't even in the same league as the 1Ds. Do you have any lenses? Fuji uses Nikon F mount.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 4, 2004
    not only are you comparing 2 totally different leagues of camera, but you're comparing (essentially) apples to oranges in terms of glass (nikon vs. canon).
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited March 26, 2004
    armstrong wrote:
    So.... Armstrong - which one did you buy and why? Are you satisfied with yer choice and show us some pictures please.............
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin