IE7 Crashing Today

SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
edited August 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Everthing was functioning normally yesterday. Today IE7 is crashing. Sometimes when the gallery opens, sometimes when I hit "Next" to go to the next page of a gallery. I made one change earlier today and that was to change the email domain in my biobox. My IE7 version is 7.0.5730.11.

Error message:
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
www.sunglophoto.com

Phil
SunGlo Photography
www.sunglophoto.com
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Everthing was functioning normally yesterday. Today IE7 is crashing. Sometimes when the gallery opens, sometimes when I hit "Next" to go to the next page of a gallery. I made one change earlier today and that was to change the email domain in my biobox. My IE7 version is 7.0.5730.11.

Error message:
    Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com

Phil
    And, the fix:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=607228#post607228
  • SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:

That fixed the problem, but it doesn't make sense. I have automatic updates shut off on Norton and the last time I did updates was early last week. This problem just showed up today. Did something get changed during the maintenence window last night?

The big question is how are people visiting my site going to know to make this change? I discovered this problem by reviewing my site stats. Someone from the department of defense entered my site and dropped right off. When I checked the gallery they were attempting to view the same thing happen to me and it's not gallery specific.
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited August 3, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    That fixed the problem, but it doesn't make sense. I have automatic updates shut off on Norton and the last time I did updates was early last week. This problem just showed up today. Did something get changed during the maintenence window last night?

The big question is how are people visiting my site going to know to make this change? I discovered this problem by reviewing my site stats. Someone from the department of defense entered my site and dropped right off. When I checked the gallery they were attempting to view the same thing happen to me and it's not gallery specific.
    All we know at this point is that it's with the Norton Browser Helper Object. It would help if you wrote Norton, too, as we are doing the same thing.

The more that write, the better.
  • SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    All we know at this point is that it's with the Norton Browser Helper Object. It would help if you wrote Norton, too, as we are doing the same thing.

The more that write, the better.

Okay...I'll bang on Symantec's door and see if anyone's home, but it's been experience that they aren't always the most helpful people in town.
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited August 3, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Okay...I'll bang on Symantec's door and see if anyone's home, but it's been experience that they aren't always the most helpful people in town.
    No kidding :pissed