Hi Guys!

rimka53rimka53 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited August 10, 2007 in People
Hi every one! I am new to this forum, and relatively new to photography itself. While learning from books and web tutorials, I would really like to gain input from more experienced photographers as well, so here are a few images for your C&C. (click on the link to see the rest) Thank you for looking!

oleg.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/sleapalot/

Comments

• theinlawjosietheinlawjosie Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin!!!! I too am somewhat new to photography and so far this site has been a great inspiration to me. There are so many great photographers here and EVERYONE is very friendly and extremely helpful!

I like your pics a lot....your b&w conversions are awesome and those are some really cute kids! thumb.gif
    Shane

"Set the Gear Shift for the High Gear of Your Soul"
  • rimka53rimka53 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Welcome to dgrin!!!! I too am somewhat new to photography and so far this site has been a great inspiration to me. There are so many great photographers here and EVERYONE is very friendly and extremely helpful!

I like your pics a lot....your b&w conversions are awesome and those are some really cute kids! thumb.gif

Thanks! The boy is my friend's son an the girl is my oldest daughter. As for bw conversions, I love the calculaions feature in photoshop. It allows for so many variations in the appearance of bw photos.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Hi there and welcome to dgrin!! Glad to have you here. I enjoyed all the shots you have on your site, very nicely done. This site is great and helpful in every aspect of photography!! Keep on shooting and posting! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 3, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Hi there and welcome to dgrin!! Glad to have you here. I enjoyed all the shots you have on your site, very nicely done. This site is great and helpful in every aspect of photography!! Keep on shooting and posting! clap.gif
    Thanks for a warm welcome! Hope to become a regular here:D

( Vi ne govorite po Russky?)
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Welcome!!
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    hi! welcome to Dgrin!

I'm a sucker for good b&w conversions and i think you did a great job here. i'm no expert in a long shot so can't give you any advice other than keep shooting, keep posting and see yourself progress thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    I love this shot, it has a timeless, journalistic feel to it. the framing really works, too. Welcome to Dgrin!!!!!clap.gifclapclap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Welcome to DGrin. I'm sure you will find the folks here to be every bit as helpful as I have. I like your photograph.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    wave.gif Hi Rimka, welcome to dgrin!

That's a really nice shot, the eyes just jump out at you. I also like the "Gill" shot in your gallery: same deal, the eyes, the eyes!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited August 6, 2007
    Wow, thank you guys for your warm welcome! I am glad that many of you liked my shots, but I still have loads to learn, and hopefully with your help I will!
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2007
    Just wanted to say welcome to DGrin!
    Yuri
  • Bippity11Bippity11 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    rimka53 wrote:
    Hi every one! I am new to this forum, and relatively new to photography itself. While learning from books and web tutorials, I would really like to gain input from more experienced photographers as well, so here are a few images for your C&C. (click on the link to see the rest) Thank you for looking!

oleg.jpghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/sleapalot/

Beginner my arse :D.....Love the pics. I agree the Gil shot is great.
    edited August 10, 2007
    Bippity11 wrote:
    Beginner my arse :D.....Love the pics. I agree the Gil shot is great.

First good comment all day! clap.gif You should check out how the folks rip me up on Fred Miranda forum!:cry