Color selection in cart should option to default to TRUE

Desert-RatDesert-Rat Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited August 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I use a calibrated monitor with a workflow that preserves the corrected color. Is there a setting to disable the "Color" dropdown in the SM shopping cart? I also need to permanently set the Color to "True". I have no use for the "Auto" option. Since I use the true color exclusively, there is no need to have the drop down option, especially since the drop down currently defaults to Auto. In my case, the extra drop down Color menu is very confusing to a customer.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Desert-Rat wrote:
    I use a calibrated monitor with a workflow that preserves the corrected color. Is there a setting to disable the "Color" dropdown in the SM shopping cart? I also need to permanently set the Color to "True". I have no use for the "Auto" option. Since I use the true color exclusively, there is no need to have the drop down option, especially since the drop down currently defaults to Auto. In my case, the extra drop down Color menu is very confusing to a customer.

Hi Desert Rat :)

We've found that of our returns, which are extremely small, the majority of returns are from True Color prints. Our return rate on Auto is tiny. Like a couple a day out of many thousands of orders a week :)

You can default your galleries to True as a Pro. It's in gallery customization.

You can also set your galleries for proof delay, so that you can have final say over color AND crop before the shots go to the lab :)

I'd love to see some of your shots, too thumb.gif
  • Desert-RatDesert-Rat Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You can default your galleries to True as a Pro. It's in gallery customization.

Thanks Andy for the reply. With a Pro account, I can default the galleries to True color, but can I also remove the drop down option from the shopping cart?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    Desert-Rat wrote:
    Thanks Andy for the reply. With a Pro account, I can default the galleries to True color, but can I also remove the drop down option from the shopping cart?
    Hi, No you can't. But see my reply above about proof delay, so you can know how to override true/auto and any crops, too thumb.gif