Options

Richmond Village - Tasmania

toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in Landscapes
I just got back from a trip to the small village of Richmond in Tasmania which has a wonderful range of old buildings and landscape settings to catpure. Anyhow here are a few images from the day which was freezing!

Its late winter, but there is hint of spring in the air with settings like this one.
180128400-L.jpg

Fine acrhitecture in the main street of Richmond, The Council Chambers.
180128916-L.jpg

Just opposite Australia's oldest bridge still being used is a wonderful building pearched up above the river. The way the light and clouds were it reminded me of an English setting.
180129261-L.jpg

A donation box in one of the churches. I liked the organic look of the box and the writing added character to it.
180129258-L.jpg

Here is another grand building which stands on the main street. It is an antique shop.
180209144-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    That's a fascinating series of shots of a place I was curious about. Each shot holds its own, but together they are compelling. Got any more?
  • Options
    toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Thanks for your comments. I took a lot more on the day but have not got around to processing them all as yet. But I've just added one more to the photos above (the last one) of a building in the main street. It might have been very cold and windy on the day, but the cloudy skies helped to add some atmosphere. Thanks for stopping by
    That's a fascinating series of shots of a place I was curious about. Each shot holds its own, but together they are compelling. Got any more?