Opinion on light level for RAW merge

hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited August 5, 2007 in Technique
Wondering if the light level looks consistent...RAW merge for sky & ground.

180305953-L.jpg

Still working on how best to deal with detail at the horizon...feathered and hand burned to get rid of halos.

tia!

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Wondering if the light level looks consistent...RAW merge for sky & ground.
    Still working on how best to deal with detail at the horizon...feathered and hand burned to get rid of halos.

tia!
    FWIW, vertical merging seems OK. thumb.gif

If nothing esle, left portion of the skies seems unnaturally dark, but that could be just a real thing, too. rolleyes1.gif

I have a gut feeling that you overdid shadows/highlights, though, or somehow else made a shallow/negative curve... ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    FWIW, vertical merging seems OK. thumb.gif

If nothing esle, left portion of the skies seems unnaturally dark, but that could be just a real thing, too. rolleyes1.gif

I have a gut feeling that you overdid shadows/highlights, though, or somehow else made a shallow/negative curve... ne_nau.gif

good eye: definitely dropped the contrast in an attempt to knock down the bright spots in the road without making the grass pitch black. guess i'll do it hard way and separate out the trail from the grass.

thx!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2007
    good eye: definitely dropped the contrast in an attempt to knock down the bright spots in the road without making the grass pitch black. guess i'll do it hard way and separate out the trail from the grass.

thx!

I don't know the exact situation, but one thing to try is Blend-If sliders in Layer Style. Make two layers, one with the cured bright spots, another one for the rest, and blend the first (cured) one only where it's bright on the second (non-cured) one.. May not necessarily work, but can worth a try.
    Another thing is ole' gud' Clone Stamp or (spot) Healing brush mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"